Surprising facts about the construction sector
March 14, 2021 Steven Murphy
Here are some factors which have to keep in mind while construction. Nowadays construction has the great impact to the society.
Ever since the construction of Giza Pyramids in 2504 BC, construction sector evolved with the evolution of society. As society innovates and spreads, the construction sector also keeps on moving along the same trend. Construction sector makes up 7 percent of the United States’ GDP. In Pakistan, the average growth rate of construction industry revolves around 2 percent.
With the advancements in structural engineering and technology, construction sector have reshaped itself through centuries. The businesses that were majorly dominated by males are now shared by women participants as well. In the past, agricultural fields primarily relied upon traditional cropping methods, but now the latest technologies like drones, sprinklers and drip systems are used in this sector.
The construction industry has emerged on the basis of some definite fundamentals.
• Nature and strength of the materials used
• Architectural facilities
• Housing styles
• Construction timelines
• Size and height of the structures
• Seismic provisions
• Structural engineering
• Budgetary allocations
• Purposes of construction
The whole human history is characterized by the man’s sheer effort to improve his living and shelter. This gave birth to some amazing facts in the world of construction.
• Mesopotamians used bricks for construction
• Egyptians introduced the use of stone in construction
• It took 85 years to complete enormous Giza Pyramids
• Each year, around 5 billion cubic yard concrete is produced for construction
• Introduction of steam engine proved revolutionary for construction sector
• The Indian subcontinent pioneered Turkish, Persian and Anglo-Arabian construction designs
• In china, a construction company has built a 57-storey skyscraper in just 19 days
• Rising to 830 meters, Burj Khalifa in Dubai is the world’s tallest building
• Construction sectors supports most of the industries
• Built in 1956, Southdale Center Mall is the first shopping mall of the US
• The net weight of the huge building structures is zero
After the housing crisis in 2008, there had been a substantial fall in housing demand. But, since 2014, this industry is again growing at an encouraging pace. Recently, according to a survey, there has been observed an increase in women workers getting engaged in construction designs and China is leading in this race.
Interestingly, whenever there is any economic crisis, the governments come up with better reforms to restore the construction sector first of all.
We see skyscrapers and huge structures built in the 21st century. The present-day construction is more innovative and purpose-built.
Do you know the reason why construction sector is in limelight during the economic downturn? With the promotion of activity in construction sector alone, the overall economic activity enhances by 65 percent.
Construction sector activities create demand for the following.
•• Cement and adhesives
• Construction chemicals
• Steel and construction metals
• Bricks and mortars
• Tiles and marbles
• Interior décor accessories
• Kitchen technologies
• Sanitary ware and hardware
• Wood and other materials
• Skilled and unskilled labor economy
• Engineering professionals
The construction sector in Pakistan provides livelihood to more than 20 groups and classes. This is the mainstream point of view of the builders in Lahore and Karachi.