Protecting your Lexington Floor from Pet Damage
December 6, 2016 Steven Murphy
If you have pets in Lexington, you are no doubt concerned about damage to your furniture and flooring. Regardless of what type of pet you have, most all pets have the ability to cause wear and tear on flooring products. Pets with long nails can cause fine scratches in hardwood floors or create carpet pulls and runs when their nails get stuck in the carpet fiber. The good news is pets and flooring can coexist, provided you know how to care for your carpet, tile or wood floor in Lexington. Let’s take a look how you can have beautiful floors while enjoying your furry friend.
Carrying out regular grooming practices can go a long way to protecting your floor from pet damage, including carpet in Lexington. Keep your pet’s claws cut to a reasonable length to prevent pet nails from getting caught in the fibers or scratching a wood floor. Lexington, Kentucky is a great place to have pets, so following a few simple pet grooming techniques will help your floors to look their best. You should also wipe off your pets paws whenever they come in from outside. Again, this will help to keep the carpet and tile floor in Lexington free from dirt and debris that you pet may bring in from outdoors.
If you have a pet and carpet in Lexington, it is a good idea to get a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA (High Efficiency Particular Air) filter. This type of filter will pick up the pet dander from your floors, making them look their best. Pet dander collects on the floor and then can become airborne. If you are looking to keep your floors looking their best, while minimizing allergens, then vaccine your carpets using a HEPA filter is a smart choice.
Another piece of good news for pet lovers, is that ceramic tile floor in Lexington is resistant to pet damage. Most tile is sealed, which also makes it stain resistant. Therefore, if you beloved pet has an accident on your tile floor, you won’t have to worry. Grout is also sealed shortly after installation, which further protects your floor from pet damage.
For hardwood floors, it is recommended that you do not sit bowls of water directly onto hardwood floors. Water can cause water stains on a wood floor in Lexington. Instead, place the bowl on another flooring choice such as laminate, vinyl or carpet. If you must place your pet’s water bowl on your hardwood floor, be sure to place the bowl on a tray. Remember, pets are not known for their refined table manners.
Laminate flooring is also a great choice for pets. It is easy to wipe up accidents and clean dirt. It is also resistant to stains. Laminate flooring has a hard finish that can withstand heavier and larger pets.
Now, there is no doubt that there will be times when pet accidents will occur — there really is no way around it. Hopefully, this will be a very infrequent occurrence. That said, if it does happen, be sure to follow your manufacturers recommendations on the proper cleaning solutions — whether it is hydrogen peroxide and water or a manufacturers cleaning brand. You should first blot dry the stain with a clean towel, then follow with your manufacturers recommended solution. Professional cleaning can help keep pet odor to a minimum and provide deep cleaning for a carpet in Lexington.
Pets and beautiful floors are compatible, provided you follow a few common sense tips.
- How to Play an Online Bingo Game Card
- Online casino: new version of the casinos
- Become A Better Poker Player
- Online Poker Strategy
- How To Play New Online Bingo Sites
- Bring Live Bingo Gaming Home with Internet Gambling
- Gain Expertise On Slot Games Through Free No Download Mobile Slot Games
- Win In Poker: Tips When You Play Poker Games For The Money
- Feature Slots – Slots With A Twist!
- Aztec’s Treasure Slot Machine
- How To Play The Slot Machine
- Online Casino Malaysia No Deposit Slot Bonus
- Blackjack Online: A Game Popular Among The Players
- Oni Skill Stop Slot Machine Review
- Finding A Good Slot Casino
- Zorro Slot Machine Critical Overview
- Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online
- Slot Machines: The Backbone of Gambling
- What We Know About the Antique Slot Machine
- Online Poker Strategy for Beginners: Use Play Money to Get Better Then Play for Real Money and Win