How To Choose Ceramic Bathroom Floor Tiles For Your Washrooms
October 10, 2015 Steven Murphy
Bathroom is the most used space of our homes. Whether it is family, acquaintances, friends or visitors, almost everyone visits this room during their stay, in our homes. Hence, maintaining bathrooms and keep them tidy is an important responsibility on the part of homeowners. While designing homes, washroom interiors should not be ignored. It is a space where everyone refreshes himself therefore you should decorate your room with soothing colors, preferably light and welcoming shades. Incorporating bathroom floor tiles is a wonderful idea. It will not only make it easier for you to wipe your floors but it will also leave a positive impression on the visitors.
There are plenty of bathroom floor tiles available in the market. They come in variety of sizes, shapes, textures, colors and patterns. If you are planning to purchase these add-ons for your home, you should keep certain things in mind.
Shopping Tips For Washroom Tiles:
(1) Always have a clear-cut idea regarding your interiors. You should select appropriate themes, shades and designs that reflect your style statement. Choose bathroom floor tiles that add the desired effect to your bathroom environment.
(2) Firstly, your must determine the exact dimensions of your floors and the number of tiles you want for it. This number depends upon the size of your tiles. You’re going to need large number of small or medium sized tiles and fewer large sized tiles for paving a standard floor.
(3) Secondly, choose a suitable material for your tiles. Ceramic is a popular option when it comes to buying bathroom floor tiles, the reason being that it is waterproof, durable and easy to clean. Moreover, it is easier to walk on wet floor paved with slip-resistant ceramic tiles. Here you should remember that if you’re using unglazed tiles, you might have to clean it frequently since it has a tendency to absorb stains.
(4) Thirdly, select a particular shape for your tiles. You can choose octagons, squares, rectangles, hexagons or diamond shaped tiles.
(5) Additionally, you need to focus on the color combinations. You can use different shades or green and blue if your want to create a soothing and tranquil bathing effect. Likewise you may use red, pink or scarlet shades to produce a romantic feeling and yellow, gold or cream tints for a warm environment.
Now that you’re familiar with your requirements, you can easily purchase appealing bathroom floor tiles. Just keep in mind that you should focus on quality rather than quantity and your budget.
Willing to read more about tiles? I recommend Bathroom Floor Tiles at TilesPorcelain.co.uk