Landmark Restoration Projects For Historic Homes
September 10, 2015 Steven Murphy
A landmark restoration is a big project that needs big financial backup. This particular type of restoration project is usually required and conducted by property owners for historic preservation and for the construction industry.
Though landmark restoration of a historic home can be very daunting, many homeowners find it worthwhile because of the tax breaks, national and local grants that come along with the project.
For this to be successfully done, thorough research of the history of the landmark needs to be done. You can look for photos and old records of the home in news archives and even in your local library. In case you could not find any record or photos, try researching for the era in which the house was built and see what similar homes looked like. By doing so, you can have a reference of the original appearance of the house. Restoring it would be easier then as you have a guide to follow.
But before continuing with the landmark restoration project, have the home inspected first for any structural issues, wiring and plumbing problems.
Since it is a landmark, it is necessary that it is restored in its original configuration. Do that by removing anything that seems inappropriate such as additional porches, awnings and shutters. Do the same thing with interior moldings and other details that have been added. For the doorways and windows, remove any coverings and restore them to their original form.
The roof and porch railings that may be damaged have to be repaired or replaced. It is recommended that these parts are repainted using the color that is true to the home’s era. Sticking to the typical colors used in the home’s era is important. Use these shades in repainting the interior of the house. Add textures or wallpaper only where they are appropriate.
Flooring needs to be restored as well. If the floors can be refurbished into their original state, replace them with matching materials. The same goes for all fixture and hardware. Remember to use originals and matching materials only to properly accomplish this project.
At the end of this article, I’d like to share cool websites with more information on topics like Finished Basement Estimate and Architect Brooklyn. Visit for more information.
- How to Play with Online Bingo Game in Bingo Sites UK
- Casino Bonuses Online
- Casino Bonus and Discount explained
- The Variety of Online Casino Games
- Online Casinos Feeling the Credit Crunch
- Is a 300% Casino Bonus Worth Using?
- What All To Consider While Purchasing A Slot machine?
- Online Bingo is a Fresh Face of Gaming
- What to Look for in Online Poker Tells
- Fresh Spin To Your Autumn Winter Work Wear Wardrobe
- Online Slot Games in Virtual Casinos.
- Benefits of internet Casino Benefits
- How single men looking for women online in America
- Sticky Bonuses Do Not Have to Stick
- Bingo Sites Offer Free Money To Take Them on a Test Ride
- 3 Poker Strategies
- Stop Losing at Slots – Lucrative Slots Sessions with Smart Betting
- Busting Online Poker Myths
- Making Profits Through Online Poker
- Wavescasino.com sending ripples in the online gambling scene