Cleaning Satin Clothes
August 28, 2015 Steven Murphy
Satin has always been an elegant and formal fabric. This is due to not only to the soft and almost sensuous feel that if gives but also to the shine and aura of sophistication of gives off. The trouble with satin is that it is not only delicate, it tends to trap dust and if it gets stained, these are difficult to remove. In fact, if satin gets stained, do not try and experiment with stain removal at home. There is little that can be done without proper equipment which even your domestic cleaning agency is unlikely to have. Your only option is to take it to a dry cleaner as quickly as possible. However, until you can get to the dry cleaner, try spreading talcum powder over the stain. This may reduce the amount of stain that the fabric absorbs.
Here is how to go about normal washing of satin. Please always check if the item has any specific care and washing instructions. If so, follow those only. In the absence of any specific washing advice, here’s what you should do.
1. Satin should preferably be hand washed. If for any reason this is not possible, then machine washing should be done but only on the delicate setting.
2. Do not use hot water if washing by hand and ensure that the hot water is switched off if machine washing.
3. Wash in cold water using only a mild detergent.
4. Mix the water and detergent well and let the cloth soak in this solution for about five minutes.
5. Now gently squeeze the cloth in the water so the suds run through the fabric. Be careful not to squeeze too hard or for too long.
6. Never wring or squeeze the water out of the garment. This could cause it to lose its shape and be ruined. Also never machine dry the garment. This could also ruin it.
7. The best way to dry satin is to lay it flat in a clean towel and then roll up the towel. Once the towel looks like a jelly roll, press down on it to get the excess water out of the satin. Then unroll and remove the garment.
8. Now once again lay it flat on another clean dry towel and allow it to air dry away from sunlight or any bright artificial lights.
9. Once it is dry, the garment can be ironed. Always iron it inside out and use a light setting without any steam.
Nick Vassilev is the founder of successful carpet cleaning London business delivering quality cleaning services to thousands of clients.
- How to Play an Online Bingo Game Card
- Online casino: new version of the casinos
- Become A Better Poker Player
- Online Poker Strategy
- How To Play New Online Bingo Sites
- Bring Live Bingo Gaming Home with Internet Gambling
- Gain Expertise On Slot Games Through Free No Download Mobile Slot Games
- Win In Poker: Tips When You Play Poker Games For The Money
- Feature Slots – Slots With A Twist!
- Aztec’s Treasure Slot Machine
- How To Play The Slot Machine
- Online Casino Malaysia No Deposit Slot Bonus
- Blackjack Online: A Game Popular Among The Players
- Oni Skill Stop Slot Machine Review
- Finding A Good Slot Casino
- Zorro Slot Machine Critical Overview
- Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online
- Slot Machines: The Backbone of Gambling
- What We Know About the Antique Slot Machine
- Online Poker Strategy for Beginners: Use Play Money to Get Better Then Play for Real Money and Win