When Does A DIY Become A ‘Dont-DIY’?
August 6, 2015 Steven Murphy
It’s peak home improvement season and many homeowners are itching to roll up their sleeves and tackle a home improvement project. However, before embarking on a home improvement or renovation project this summer, homeowners need to understand just what they’re getting themselves into. Cutting costs on big projects by doing-it-yourself — or “DIY” — can actually cause huge problems down the road. Homeowners should educate themselves on what is best to leave to the professionals who are knowledgeable about what to consider when embarking on a home improvement project, including materials, sizing, project pitfalls, code requirements and permitting.
The Key Tips below will help you consider your options when it comes to Home DIY…
Do you have the time? This important question can easily aid your decision to complete a home improvement project. Take an honest evaluation of the time you can allot to the project. Diving into a project on a weekend without a realistic timeline can leave your house in shambles for weeks as you complete the project in your spare time.
Do you have the right tools? Window, siding and door installation projects require very specialized, expensive tools to produce a quality result. Cutting corners with improvised tools will produce a less than stellar final product that can negatively affect the home’s resale value. Less obvious tools such as permits, licenses and insurance are required to complete several projects. Without these, homeowners could face fines or zoning issues that can affect their taxes.
Do you have the experience? For homeowners, their home is typically their biggest investment. Projects that change a home’s structural integrity, energy efficiency and even visual appeal can drastically change its value. Before investing time and money in trial and error, homeowners should consider calling a professional to guarantee a high quality result.
Simpler projects such as landscaping, painting and shelving are great do-it-yourself opportunities for homeowners looking to save money. Green projects like ‘upcycling’ a piece of old furniture or caulking a leaky drain can also satisfy a desire to DIY on a smaller scale. These projects can be completed with less risk of doing any major damage to the home. Botched projects can even jeopardize the homeowner’s ability to sell down the road. For homeowners who aren’t sure whether a DIY project is right for them, you should consider starting with a smaller DIY project that won’t take a lot of time and you can see to completion. That way you will gain some confidence and get a better understanding of what’s involved for future home improvement projects.
When your home roofing or guttering becomes a ‘Dont’DIY’ Strong Life Solutions Can Help, and if installing your own Roller Shutters or attempting a DIY Pergola is too much to handle, then we can help with that too. Simply Call 03 9625 0446 or Fill out our Free Online Quote Form Now.
Strong Life Gutters and Roofing can help you with any questions you have about how to protect and maintain your roof. Call Today for a complimentary consultation +61 3 9625 0443
- How to Play an Online Bingo Game Card
- Online casino: new version of the casinos
- Become A Better Poker Player
- Online Poker Strategy
- How To Play New Online Bingo Sites
- Bring Live Bingo Gaming Home with Internet Gambling
- Gain Expertise On Slot Games Through Free No Download Mobile Slot Games
- Win In Poker: Tips When You Play Poker Games For The Money
- Feature Slots – Slots With A Twist!
- Aztec’s Treasure Slot Machine
- How To Play The Slot Machine
- Online Casino Malaysia No Deposit Slot Bonus
- Blackjack Online: A Game Popular Among The Players
- Oni Skill Stop Slot Machine Review
- Finding A Good Slot Casino
- Zorro Slot Machine Critical Overview
- Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online
- Slot Machines: The Backbone of Gambling
- What We Know About the Antique Slot Machine
- Online Poker Strategy for Beginners: Use Play Money to Get Better Then Play for Real Money and Win