Keep Your Supplies Clean And Ready With Interior Design
July 1, 2015 Steven Murphy
It seems to be a frustrating process of opening paint in multiple buckets and testing them to find the correct paint color for your wall. You may need to try more than once to open the lids only as they’re often stuck. Your brush’s bristles might be sticking up all over. Your roller paint may be stuck with 3 layers of old paint and its handle may be stuck due to the now-dried wet paint that have been left on it.
It seems like enough for you to forget any painting project. It doesn’t have to be his way with a few careful steps you will never have any of these problems again.
First the paint, never pour the paint out and spill it over the label that tells the manufacture and the sheen of the paint. Never put a can of paint away with the top of the bucket wet with paint. Take a cloth and clean even and especially in the crevice where the lid sits. Always label the paint, (I put this on the front of the bucket) the room you used it in and the date. Usually the vital information is on the top of the lid that is where the numbers for the paint colors are, guard this info, you never know when you might use it again.
I am a crazy person about my brushes, I have a lot of them and they are in almost as good of shape as when I purchased them. I purchase only good quality brushes, in the big picture they will pay for themselves in the quality of the paint job.
Always clean your brushes with hot soap and water and let dry with the handles in a bucket so the bristles are not touching the bottom of the bucket. Never lay your brushed down always hang them up or have them with the bristles up. You can rarely fix a brush that has gotten bent or frayed; it is pretty much a done deal.
Roller pans that have layers and layers of paint are hard to work with, the roller has a difficult time getting paint on it in an even layer. If you hate to wash out the pans like I do, simply use an inexpensive plastic liner and throw it away.
In my house you had better run for the hills if you have used a roller and not cleaned it or taken it off the handle before it has dried on and now will not budge. I will hunt you down and make sure you are the one fighting to get that old crusted on dead roller.
All this sounds easy enough and common sense and it is but often we are tired when we finish a big paint job and just ready to stop. Get in the habit of doing these little things you will be so happy you did, especially when it is time for the next paint job.
For more helpful tips and complete directions for many Interior Design Projects check out this amazing 300 page full colored instructional training on virtually any design project. It also has great bonus material, please follow me to http://www.InteriorPaintDesignIdeas.com
- Play Poker in India – KQPoker.com
- Where To Find A Poker Dictionary And Casino Hotels Online
- Patterns in Bingo
- Play Online Poker Games!
- Free Online Casino Tournaments
- Wage an All-Out War Against Your Enemies! The Appeal of Casino War as a Card Game
- Bingo Promotions at Bingo MagiX High on Fizz
- When It Comes to Poker, Should You Go to Vegas, or Should You Play Online?
- Proficient Players Can Sign Up Real Money Online Poker Sites And Win Money
- Do the Bingo with Bingo Canada Sites
- Blackjack Sniper Critical Overview
- Reviewing The Spiral Coil Hand Crimpers
- Online Poker Guide to Software Security and Banking Details
- Enjoy Interest Free Slots Game Online
- Factors to Consider when Choosing an Online Casino to Play at
- How to Play Poker — Poker Table Position
- Texas Holdem Poker Strategy
- Clear Your Casino Bonus by Playing Online Craps
- Easy Online Slots
- How to Find Scholarships for Single Moms