DIY Project – Closet System
May 29, 2015 Steven Murphy
Fall is a great time to get rid of things you rarely use and get ready for back to school time. Designing and building your own closet system is a cost effective way to get exactly the storage you need that fits your life and your budget.
Wire shelving systems are popular because they are easy to install and don’t cost a fortune to invest in. There are all types of wire shelving accessories that help you personalize the space. You can easily install drawers, sliding tie racks, shoe racks, and laundry bins. Being able to add on to the system later is an additional budget-friendly bonus.
You will need an electronic stud finder, a level, a tape measure, a hacksaw and a power drill. Clear everything out of the closet. Remove old shelves and hanging bars that you are not going to use. You will need to prep the closet for the new shelving system at this point.
Fill all holes with putty and let it thoroughly dry. Sand off any excess spackle with a fine-grit sandpaper. Vacuum up any remaining dust and paint the walls of the closet. Now your closet is ready for install.
There are two types of wire shelving systems. One type has clips that screw to the wall and the wire shelf attaches to the clips. The other type hangs from a track and is more versatile. Draw level lines throughout the closet where you want your shelves to hang. Then go through with your stud finder and mark each side of every stud that touches your lines. Cut the hanging track with the hacksaw to the desired lengths. Attach clips or hanging tracks by drilling screws along the lines into every stud that you can.
Cut and install your longest shelves first to ensure that you have enough length. You may decide to install a few extra short shelves for smaller items if you have some usable pieces left over. Attach the brackets that are designed to go with your system. These usually clamp on to the wire shelf. Putting one at every stud possible will make your shelves very sturdy and capable of holding up a lot of weight. Shorter brackets are available for shelves that you want to hang at forty-five degrees, like shoe shelves.
These shelves are great for hanging all of your clothes. They are compatible with most shirt hangers, pants hangers and suit hangers. If you find that smaller items slip through the wires, consider using bins or baskets for these items. When your closet is done, you can be proud that you did it yourself!
About the Author: Charlie Hafter is on the staff of Closet Hanger Factory, a leading online resource for shirt hangers, skirt hangers, pants hangers and dress hangers.
- What All To Consider While Purchasing A Slot machine?
- Online Bingo is a Fresh Face of Gaming
- What to Look for in Online Poker Tells
- Fresh Spin To Your Autumn Winter Work Wear Wardrobe
- Online Slot Games in Virtual Casinos.
- Benefits of internet Casino Benefits
- How single men looking for women online in America
- Sticky Bonuses Do Not Have to Stick
- Bingo Sites Offer Free Money To Take Them on a Test Ride
- 3 Poker Strategies
- Stop Losing at Slots – Lucrative Slots Sessions with Smart Betting
- Busting Online Poker Myths
- Making Profits Through Online Poker
- Wavescasino.com sending ripples in the online gambling scene
- Download free slots from Slot Freebies!!!!!!!!!!
- 4 Online Casino Slots Games Women Love To Play Every Time
- VegasUSA Casino Review
- Casino Gambling for Beginners
- Picking an Online Casino – Traps you must watch out for
- Outlaw Skill Stop Slot Machine Review