DIY Laundry Room Design
May 7, 2015 Steven Murphy
The laundry room probably isn’t a place that you love to go into. But, you can make it more user-friendly. By doing so, you can keep it organized, useful, and maybe even a section of the house that you actually look forward to going into.
If you ask most people what they don’t like about their laundry room, they will say that it is too cramped, cluttered or doesn’t have enough space. But, the truth of the matter is, that most laundry rooms have a lot of space and it is very rarely utilized. Realizing the potential for usable space in the laundry room can give you even more storage than you thought you had before.
The wall behind the washer and dryer usually has about sixty four square feet of available storage space. But, with just a shelf above the washer and dryer, we are usually only utilizing about eight feet of that space. No wonder we all feel like we don’t have room to put anything!
Use that space to its fullest potential. Pull down that shelf and start from scratch. You may decide to build a platform with a rubber coating to go underneath your washer and dryer. This significantly cuts down on washer and dryer noise and also gives you a usable space underneath for storing linens, out of season clothing, whatever will fit. Plus, if you have a front-loader washer and dryer, raising them up puts them at a more ergonomic height, saving you back strain and pain.
Next, consider a workspace. One thing to consider is a countertop for folding. This can be just a small space next to the washer and dryer, or a long counter down one side of the room if you have the space. Underneath is a good area for stashing dirty clothes baskets and hampers.
You may decide to place a cabinet underneath your countertop for your heavy laundry detergent boxes or bottles. A sliding trash can is also a handy thing to put in a lower cabinet. You may even decide to put two trash cans inside of cabinets; One with a self closing lid for dryer sheets and lint and the other for recyclables, like laundry detergent and fabric softener bottles.
Deep cabinets are useful in a laundry room. Install them up higher than you normally would and place a hanging bar below them. Designate certain hangers, like metal hangers, for drying delicate items.
You can also install small buckets or shelves with bins on one wall of the laundry room. Designate a bucket or bin for each family member and one for money. As you run across things in the wash that shouldn’t be there, you can simply toss them in a bucket for later.
Ellen Hamm is on the staff of Everything Hangers, a leading online resource for metal hangers and cedar hangers. Find the highest quality metal hanger or cedar hanger at http://www.everythinghangers.com.
- The Top Online Free No Deposit Casino Bonus Games
- Poker: Online Poker Games in Pacific Poker
- Online poker: watch the video and learn to play!
- How To Win At Online Slots
- Sri Lanka’s Tour Of Pakistan- Make Way Pakistan, Sri Lanka Is Back
- Best Casino Bonus
- Slots Empires IOS Is Already Available to iPhone Users
- Slots online defined
- How To Find A Great Casino
- Win Money at Poker
- How to Play an Online Bingo Game Card
- Online casino: new version of the casinos
- Become A Better Poker Player
- Online Poker Strategy
- How To Play New Online Bingo Sites
- Bring Live Bingo Gaming Home with Internet Gambling
- Gain Expertise On Slot Games Through Free No Download Mobile Slot Games
- Win In Poker: Tips When You Play Poker Games For The Money
- Feature Slots – Slots With A Twist!
- Aztec’s Treasure Slot Machine