DIY – Your TV Lift
April 10, 2015 Steven Murphy
Recently I Googled TV lifts and found many different options. Perhaps the most surprising was the one listed under “Home Automations” offering instruction on how to “build a pop up lift cabinet using an off-the-shelf dresser drawers and an off-the-shelf pop up TV lift kit in about three hours, all for only $ 500.”
Don’t get me wrong; I’m all for the DIY trend and on smaller, less important projects; I might fully endorse such an undertaking.
However, most people who would consider an automated TV lift also enjoy watching their TV…and in order to watch it, it needs to work, right? Imagine, after your three hour “sweat equity” investment (not to mention whatever you invested in the dresser and your pricey plasma TV), your “home automation” project comes crashing down, TV and all, because the online instruction omitted a crucial step?
Why put yourself through the agony?
Today there are many reputable cabinet/console purveyors who will customize your TV lift cabinet to your specifications. Everything from the number of shelves you want in your cabinet, to the height at which you want your TV to “rest” when in use, to the color and design of the hardwood cabinetry.
By going through a professional, you also have options in mechanical operation and design, including motorized lifts, lifts that pivot, and lifts that drop down and retract back into the ceiling. Many manufacturers offer their TV lifts with rack and pinion operating units, while others offer telescopic technology for their systems. Almost universally, these manufacturers offer warranties on their TV lift units as well, which is why they are designed with structural integrity using high-quality components…not make-shift pieces and parts from the tool shed, or clearance furniture from a bog box store, as may be the case in the home-spun version.
Another benefit of working with a turn-key manufacturer verses the “do-it-yourself” option is that the furniture (cabinet or console) generally arrives fully assembled; no worries about “washer #22” missing, or the wrong size screw for a key part of your “home automation” construction.
Do-It-Yourselfers beware: certain “projects” – including a safe, fully-functional TV lift – are best left to the professionals!
Rob Buehl, CEO of ImportAdvantage, and almost twenty year veteran of the furniture business, leads this supplier of high end furniture with innovative pop-up TV lift mechanisms and traditional TV stands systems. Rob is a member of these professional organizations – NHFA, CEA, CEDIA.
- No Deposit Bonus to Lure New Players
- What it takes to be an Advantage Blackjack Player
- Learning Poker Online
- Winning At Blackjack
- Global Spin Flash Dryer Industry 2016, Trends and Forecast Report
- Understanding a Match Deposit Casino Bonus
- A Better Understanding of Online Poker
- Slots Machine: Moving Ahead Of All Other Onlnie Casino Games
- How to Play with Online Bingo Game in Bingo Sites UK
- Casino Bonuses Online
- Casino Bonus and Discount explained
- The Variety of Online Casino Games
- Online Casinos Feeling the Credit Crunch
- Is a 300% Casino Bonus Worth Using?
- What All To Consider While Purchasing A Slot machine?
- Online Bingo is a Fresh Face of Gaming
- What to Look for in Online Poker Tells
- Fresh Spin To Your Autumn Winter Work Wear Wardrobe
- Online Slot Games in Virtual Casinos.
- Benefits of internet Casino Benefits