Ceramic wall tiles for beautiful homes
January 3, 2015 Steven Murphy
Tiles of ceramic are today much sought after pieces of clay used for home beautification at various areas like kitchen, bathroom, living area, lobby and gardens etc. They are not only used in flooring but these tiles which come in various colors, patterns and designs are adorning the walls of the home too. The word ‘ceramic’ has its origin from the Greek term ‘keramos’ which means pottery or ‘burnt stuff’ while ‘tile’ is derived from a French word ‘tuile’ meaning baked clay roof tile. The history and use of tiles is about 4000 years old but today also there popularity is no less.
What are ceramic wall tiles?
The ceramic wall tiles are different from that of ceramic floor tiles. Though floor tiles can be used on walls but wall tiles cannot be used on floor. Wall tiles are made from a mixture called ‘slip’ comprising of dried, crushed clay and water. The resultant liquid clay is then molded in different sizes and shapes in the molds. They are covered with glaze before subjected to high temperatures. These ‘slip’ wall tiles are thin and porous in nature.They are available in geometric, floral, hand painted and three-dimensional forms which when pieces together in different combinations can form spectacular contemporary patterns.
Ceramic Glazed Wall Tiles
Glazed ceramic tiles are commonly used for walls and floors in both homes and offices as they are water resistant, durable, scratch resistant, stain resistant, fire-proof, fade proof and easy to clean and maintain. There are three types of ceramic glazed wall tiles:
Glossy glazed tiles:
They are thin, brittle and slick when wet. They cannot be used on floor as they can chip and crack Crackled glazed tiles: These ceramic wall tiles are fragile and cracks on such tiles go down through the glaze. They are not approved for floors as they can chip, collect dirt and stains.
Matte glazed tiles:
Better for walls, matte glazed tiles have a matte finish and can be used on floor only for very less traffic spaces.The wall tiles are available in both small and large sizes. The basic is to use small tiles for small spaces whereas bigger for large spaces. Generally in kitchen and bathrooms half wall is tiled. Though there is no such set rule, you can play with your ideas and can go for full wall tiling in different combinations with floor. You can choose on designs and pattern according to the size and appearance of your room or any other tiling area. There are many options available in the market to suit your needs.
Ceramic wall tiles are very cost effective than their stone or marble counterparts. In comparatively less expenditure you can make beautiful and elegant home.
Thomasan Adison is a well known writer, who has written various articles on several topics such as different types of tiles likes bathroom floor tiles, discount tiles, kitchen floor tiles and he also focuses on the installation process.
- How to Play with Online Bingo Game in Bingo Sites UK
- Casino Bonuses Online
- Casino Bonus and Discount explained
- The Variety of Online Casino Games
- Online Casinos Feeling the Credit Crunch
- Is a 300% Casino Bonus Worth Using?
- What All To Consider While Purchasing A Slot machine?
- Online Bingo is a Fresh Face of Gaming
- What to Look for in Online Poker Tells
- Fresh Spin To Your Autumn Winter Work Wear Wardrobe
- Online Slot Games in Virtual Casinos.
- Benefits of internet Casino Benefits
- How single men looking for women online in America
- Sticky Bonuses Do Not Have to Stick
- Bingo Sites Offer Free Money To Take Them on a Test Ride
- 3 Poker Strategies
- Stop Losing at Slots – Lucrative Slots Sessions with Smart Betting
- Busting Online Poker Myths
- Making Profits Through Online Poker
- Wavescasino.com sending ripples in the online gambling scene