July 26, 2014 Steven Murphy
Laminate flooring is a versatile option for a wide variety of situations. Many homes have laminate flooring as an alternative to real wood flooring, as it is easier to maintain and lay. Carpets and linoleum soon become faded and lose their fresh appearance, especially in areas where there is a high volume of traffic such as the kitchen or living area. Families may find that spills and mess from children and any pets in the home cause carpets to become tired looking and may even hold odours.
Laminate flooring is easy to clean and care for, with no requirement for specialist care other than a few simple rules. Avoid sliding furniture across the floor, as this will scratch the laminate. When you clean laminate floor, use a damp cloth and dont apply liquid directly to the floor. Spills wont damage the floor as long as they are cleaned up as soon as possible. With regular sweeping and a wipe over, laminate flooring will keep its fresh appearance for many years.
Laminate flooring is also a cost effective option as it will stay looking new for much longer than carpets, and is much harder wearing than real wood. You can fit laminate flooring yourself as you dont require any specialist skills. It is advisable to obtain advice from a reputable supplier before commencing this DIY project to ensure that you purchase the most appropriate laminate flooring for its intended location and lay it correctly. Here at Wickes, we stock everything you require to lay a laminate floor, including accessories such as skirting trim to cover the gap around the edges of the wall. You can also purchase pipe trim which covers the gaps left around pipes, leaving a professional and neat finish.
You can use laminate flooring in any room, although there are different types for varying levels of use. For instance, if you want laminate flooring in the living area and entrance hall, use laminate which is intended for heavy domestic use. You should always lay laminate on a floor which is even and free from clutter to ensure a level surface, as this could cause problems with your floor at a later date. For concrete floors you will require a damp proof membrane which will protect your laminate from any damp, causing distortion and expansion of the boards.
Underlay is required for soundproofing. This is especially required for upstairs rooms such as bedrooms. You can purchase different types of underlay according to the room type and your requirements. For many simple rooms such as the bedroom, laying a laminate floor may be completed within a few hours. For a room with a concrete floor or a larger area, you may need a little more time, but you can generally complete a room within the day.
Take the time to do some research before laying your laminate floor and making sure you have the tools and accessories required to help you achieve a professional and neat finish. Spending more time in the planning stages will ensure you enjoy many years of a perfect laminate floor.
Emma writes articles on Home Improvement, including tips on Laminate Flooring and how to get the best out of your Wickes DIY.
- How to Play with Online Bingo Game in Bingo Sites UK
- Casino Bonuses Online
- Casino Bonus and Discount explained
- The Variety of Online Casino Games
- Online Casinos Feeling the Credit Crunch
- Is a 300% Casino Bonus Worth Using?
- What All To Consider While Purchasing A Slot machine?
- Online Bingo is a Fresh Face of Gaming
- What to Look for in Online Poker Tells
- Fresh Spin To Your Autumn Winter Work Wear Wardrobe
- Online Slot Games in Virtual Casinos.
- Benefits of internet Casino Benefits
- How single men looking for women online in America
- Sticky Bonuses Do Not Have to Stick
- Bingo Sites Offer Free Money To Take Them on a Test Ride
- 3 Poker Strategies
- Stop Losing at Slots – Lucrative Slots Sessions with Smart Betting
- Busting Online Poker Myths
- Making Profits Through Online Poker
- Wavescasino.com sending ripples in the online gambling scene