General floor tile installation and floor tile advice.
July 7, 2014 Steven Murphy
Floor tiles are different to wall tiles due to their manufacturing process, floor tiles are generally heavier and stronger because they have to withstand the heavy floor traffic and because they are exposed to more knocks and accidents than wall tiles would be. Certain types of floor tile especially many natural stone floor tiles are often used on wall applications as long as the wall is stable enough and the substrate suitable. Natural stone wall tiles are very popular for their design features and are often installed as wall tiles with great results.
Floor tiles are manufactured to the highest of standards and will not break easily, ceramic tiles for example will not crack if something is dropped onto them on most occasions, of course there are instances where ceramic floor tile will chip or crack but in general they are incredibly strong and durable. The ceramic wall tiles come in many more variations with the glazed varieties of wall tiles being very popular, these wall tiles tend to have a shine but are not always practical for floor tile installation because they may become slippery when wet, the right ceramic floor tiles have to be installed to provide the correct functionality.
The grout you use for your floor tiles will also make a difference and many home owners are not always aware that there are different shades of grout. In general lighter shades of grout are used for lighter coloured tiles but staining and marking of grout may become a problem over time. Floor tile sealers are advised especially for many natural stone floor tiles but sometimes this is often not enough to stop the grout from becoming stained and some tile stores will advise that you think carefully about the grout colour you use. There are darker shades of grout and medium shades that are better as far as functionality and cleaning is concerned.
The colour and design of the floor tiles you choose will largely depend on what type of style you like and prefer but the existing decor will also play a part and any floor tiles installed should match and compliment the wall tile design and the rest of the kitchen area. Darker coloured floor tiles are popular because there are many natural stone floor tile choices that incorporate darker colours, these are great for hiding any stains and marks but if the kitchen area is particularly dark or darker shades have been used on the walls, you may want to consider the best colour for the floor tile installation.
There are many floor tile choices that make great additions to the kitchen area in terms of design and functionality; these include ceramic floor tiles, many natural stone floor tiles and porcelain tiles. There are other options to explore and all good tile stores will have an abundance of floor tile choices to consider.
All good floor tile stores will be able to advise on floor tile installation and whether your floor tiles need sealing and any further floor tile advice.
Crown tiles supply a wide range of floor tiles and wall tiles, we also supply advice and information on tiles and tiling. http://www.crowntiles.co.uk
- How to Play an Online Bingo Game Card
- Online casino: new version of the casinos
- Become A Better Poker Player
- Online Poker Strategy
- How To Play New Online Bingo Sites
- Bring Live Bingo Gaming Home with Internet Gambling
- Gain Expertise On Slot Games Through Free No Download Mobile Slot Games
- Win In Poker: Tips When You Play Poker Games For The Money
- Feature Slots – Slots With A Twist!
- Aztec’s Treasure Slot Machine
- How To Play The Slot Machine
- Online Casino Malaysia No Deposit Slot Bonus
- Blackjack Online: A Game Popular Among The Players
- Oni Skill Stop Slot Machine Review
- Finding A Good Slot Casino
- Zorro Slot Machine Critical Overview
- Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online
- Slot Machines: The Backbone of Gambling
- What We Know About the Antique Slot Machine
- Online Poker Strategy for Beginners: Use Play Money to Get Better Then Play for Real Money and Win