Janitors Of Super Rich Tenants Thrown Out As Trash Into The Dumping Ground Of The Unemployed
May 13, 2014 Steven Murphy
Destitution is facing Martha Escobar. There are fifteen other janitors like her who have lost their jobs in a luxury rental complex at Los Angeles of the super rich. JP Morgan Asset Management part of the sprawling empire of JP Morgan Chase owns the unit. The maintenance contractor ordered termination of their jobs.
Century Plaza Towers (segment of this complex) praises itself on its own website claiming that it has “one of the most prestigious tenant rosters in the country, which includes some of America’s mot prominent business leaders” The work of the janitors involved keeping things as good as new for these gods in heaven who hardly noticed their existence.
The janitors were also engaged in back breaking cleaning jobs at another segment of the complex – 200 Avenue of the Stars. It hosts many glamorous business outlets like Creative Artists Agency.
Few weeks previously the janitors lost their jobs. Except to suffer from anxiety they have very little work to do considering the job climate of America.
Escobar aged 41 years is the mother of two daughters aged 14 and 10. She is not conversant with English and speaking through an interpreter said that she had money to pay for her September rent only. School would soon resume but she does not know from where the money for the uniforms will come since she has no savings.
What is unique about these retrenchments is that there have been loud protests against the callous treatment they have received. The rich had engaged them at the measly rate (hourly $ 13.50) and then got rid of them as trash to be thrown into the dumping ground where millions of unemployed are sweating and fuming. The janitors have staged demonstrations and resorted to fasting outside the buildings where they had once worked.
Recently Escobar and a colleague Elba Polanco were taken to New York City by Service Employees International Union to present their case before Jamie Dimon the CEO of JP Morgan Chase. Dimon is famed for his fabulous lifestyle and for borrowing staggering amounts to purchase firms and then giving employees the boot.
It seems ridiculous to think that Dimon would lend them an ear. While stark hunger and life without a roof above their heads faces them Morgan Cahse has noted a profit of $ 4.8 billion during the quarter starting from April this year. The salary of the likes of Escobar would not pay for a single dinner feast of Dimon!
Kevin Simpson, has been working on USRepos.com studying the foreclosure market, helping buyers on the finer points of California repo homes. Try to visit USRepos.com and find all related information about Repo Homes.
- How to Play with Online Bingo Game in Bingo Sites UK
- Casino Bonuses Online
- Casino Bonus and Discount explained
- The Variety of Online Casino Games
- Online Casinos Feeling the Credit Crunch
- Is a 300% Casino Bonus Worth Using?
- What All To Consider While Purchasing A Slot machine?
- Online Bingo is a Fresh Face of Gaming
- What to Look for in Online Poker Tells
- Fresh Spin To Your Autumn Winter Work Wear Wardrobe
- Online Slot Games in Virtual Casinos.
- Benefits of internet Casino Benefits
- How single men looking for women online in America
- Sticky Bonuses Do Not Have to Stick
- Bingo Sites Offer Free Money To Take Them on a Test Ride
- 3 Poker Strategies
- Stop Losing at Slots – Lucrative Slots Sessions with Smart Betting
- Busting Online Poker Myths
- Making Profits Through Online Poker
- Wavescasino.com sending ripples in the online gambling scene