Home Improvement Storage Projects
May 1, 2014 Steven Murphy
Creating storage in your home can be a lot of fun. Home improvement enthusiasts usually prefer to do the job themselves instead of hiring someone to do it for them. It’s fun to work with your hands, learn some new skills, and be able to customize the project to fit exactly what you need and want. Most people complain that their home does not have enough storage. Before you move, consider these home improvement storage projects to create space and have fun in the process.
1) If building is an attractive option for you, then you may consider building a simple trunk to create some storage for your home. Trunks look nice, can double as seats, and give you a few cubic feet of space to store anything from linens to shoes. Trunks or bench seats that open up to reveal storage are popular for bedrooms, bathrooms and home entryways.
2) Another building option is shelves. If you know how to use a router or would like to learn, a bookshelf is a great place to start. Shelves can be used for toys, clothes, books, electronics and more. They are attractive in your home and create space without taking up a lot of space. Shelving installed in your closet is another great way to help keep your closet organized without taking up more space in your home. Smaller shelves are great for little things that don’t have anywhere else to go. Expanding or raising the top shelf in your closet can give you a great place for more long-term storage items.
3) If you do raise the top shelf in your closet, you may have room for an additional hanging bar in your closet. Adding hanging bars to the sides of the closet is another way to add some additional hanging space for your clothing.
You may also consider placing some low shelves or cabinets in the bottom of your closet for storage, laundry, shoes, or sports equipment. Hanging short items, like women’s shirts, all together above the shelves or cabinets will give you extra room to fit them in.
4) Another way to make extra room in your bedroom, linen, or coat closet is to use specialty clothes hangers. You can empty dresser drawers by using tie hangers, belt hangers, lingerie hangers, and swimwear hangers. Use these drawers for storing things like cameras, chargers, or whatever else is cluttering up your house.
Jo Granville is on the staff of Only Hangers, a leading online resource for wood hangers, coat hangers and all types of clothes hangers which is recognized for the excellent quality and value of its wood hanger and coat hanger offerings. For more information, please visit http://www.onlyhangers.com.
- How to Play an Online Bingo Game Card
- Online casino: new version of the casinos
- Become A Better Poker Player
- Online Poker Strategy
- How To Play New Online Bingo Sites
- Bring Live Bingo Gaming Home with Internet Gambling
- Gain Expertise On Slot Games Through Free No Download Mobile Slot Games
- Win In Poker: Tips When You Play Poker Games For The Money
- Feature Slots – Slots With A Twist!
- Aztec’s Treasure Slot Machine
- How To Play The Slot Machine
- Online Casino Malaysia No Deposit Slot Bonus
- Blackjack Online: A Game Popular Among The Players
- Oni Skill Stop Slot Machine Review
- Finding A Good Slot Casino
- Zorro Slot Machine Critical Overview
- Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online
- Slot Machines: The Backbone of Gambling
- What We Know About the Antique Slot Machine
- Online Poker Strategy for Beginners: Use Play Money to Get Better Then Play for Real Money and Win