DIY Underfloor Heating
April 24, 2014 Steven Murphy
DIY Underfloor Heating systems are quickly becoming a very popular method of heating. They are economical to run, inexpensive to install, no maintenance is required and the distribution of heat is evenly dispersed over the given area. These systems can be installed under almost any type of floor, especially tiles, wood, and laminate flooring, and are invisible, therefore no radiators, bulky heaters or fireplaces are needed, thus making space saving gains. Diy heating systems can also be laid on top of specific existing floors, and even with a layer of laminate or floor tiles, will raise the floor no more than 25mm.
Many systems consist of heating cables, and these are often attached to a sheet or mat. This mat is then simply stuck or laid onto the floor, and then covered with the desired finish flooring material ie; tiles or laminate. The system is connected to an electric outlet and thermostatically controlled.
It is not a new idea or concept and was first used by the Romans whose buildings were constructed with voids through which air, warmed by an open fire, would pass thus heating the dwelling.
Underfloor heating is one of the most energy efficient ways of heating any type of building. It is ideally suited for use with low energy efficient heat sources such as ground source heat pumps. Underfloor heating is quick and easy to install, is low maintenance and provides even warmth and comfort in the home or office. The temperature of each room can be individually controlled by a thermostat or roomstat.
There are two types of underfloor heating system – wet systems where warm water circulates through polyethylene pipes, and electric systems which consists of electric matting.
Both methods are installed within the floor, or even a wall structure.
Conventional heating systems mainly provide heat by convection that circulates through the air that surrounds objects within the building. Radiant heat warms objects and the general fabric of the building, including people, just like the suns heat warms the surface of the earth.
Underfloor heating eliminates uncomfortable hot or cold air flows around a room and gives even comfortable heating. The warmest part of the room is next to the floor – not the ceiling.
The benefits of underfloor heating:
Clean and hygienic
No dust circulation
Ease of installation
Little or no maintenance
The heat produced from underfloor heating comprises 70% radiant heat and 30% convection heat.
If you are in need of this service check out our product pages, they contain many companies that specialize in this. John Cheesman writes about DIY Underfloor Heating. Visit the Businessmagnet product page for details and suppliers of DIY Underfloor Heating.
- Play Poker in India – KQPoker.com
- Where To Find A Poker Dictionary And Casino Hotels Online
- Patterns in Bingo
- Play Online Poker Games!
- Free Online Casino Tournaments
- Wage an All-Out War Against Your Enemies! The Appeal of Casino War as a Card Game
- Bingo Promotions at Bingo MagiX High on Fizz
- When It Comes to Poker, Should You Go to Vegas, or Should You Play Online?
- Proficient Players Can Sign Up Real Money Online Poker Sites And Win Money
- Do the Bingo with Bingo Canada Sites
- Blackjack Sniper Critical Overview
- Reviewing The Spiral Coil Hand Crimpers
- Online Poker Guide to Software Security and Banking Details
- Enjoy Interest Free Slots Game Online
- Factors to Consider when Choosing an Online Casino to Play at
- How to Play Poker — Poker Table Position
- Texas Holdem Poker Strategy
- Clear Your Casino Bonus by Playing Online Craps
- Easy Online Slots
- How to Find Scholarships for Single Moms