Hard Wood Floor Options
March 22, 2014 Steven Murphy
One of the best things about wood floors in Plano is the sheer amount of options. There are literally hundreds of different types of wood to choose from. From there, you can choose to get perfectly uniform boards, distressed, or hand scraped finishes. Colors range depending on the wood from light to dark, and you can further customize the colors using different stains and sealers. Your floor can literally be created just for you. Let us take a look at some of your options when it comes to choosing hard wood floors in Plano.
The first thing you will find out when you go to choose your hard wood floor is that no two products are created exactly the same. You will see solid wood flooring, engineered wood flooring and even laminates. Laminates may look like wood, but that is where the similarity stops. Solid wood flooring is exactly what it says, one solid piece of wood for each plank. These types of floors have a lot of limitations, but also provide a lot of options for refinishing over the years. Another popular choice, that is gaining on solid wood every day, is an engineered hardwood floor. Because of their construction, these floors are generally longer lasting and more stable than solid wood, especially in moist conditions. The cost of that durability, however, is that you are limited on refinishing. The choice is up to you, so weigh what you want and need and decide which is best for you.
Whether you choose solid wood or engineered, you will be faced with literally hundred of different types of wood to choose from. Include the possible stains and finishes, and you may find yourself confronted with thousands of different choices as to the final look of your wood. Luckily, most people already have some idea of what their looking for in their hard wood floors in Plano. You can buy your wood pre-finished or raw; hand scraped, distressed, or perfectly uniform; and in varying lengths, widths and qualities.
The best thing, by far, about wood floors is that you can customize them to suit any interior. If you are looking to make a classic statement with your home, consider a hand scraped floor to give that old world texture. If it is finished on site by a handscraper, that is even better. For a more modern style, maybe simply distressed wood, or even perfectly uniform wood is right for you. You can choose to finish your wood with a clear, natural stain or get so dark the wood is almost black. It is up to you what you want to do. That is the best thing about wood floors in Plano homes.
If you are interested in Wood Floors Plano, this article is for you. Katherine Smith is an author on a variety of topics, and strives to help consumers make informed choices when selecting service providers. One of her interests is Hard Wood Floors Plano. More info at http://www.hswfloors.com.
- How to Play an Online Bingo Game Card
- Online casino: new version of the casinos
- Become A Better Poker Player
- Online Poker Strategy
- How To Play New Online Bingo Sites
- Bring Live Bingo Gaming Home with Internet Gambling
- Gain Expertise On Slot Games Through Free No Download Mobile Slot Games
- Win In Poker: Tips When You Play Poker Games For The Money
- Feature Slots – Slots With A Twist!
- Aztec’s Treasure Slot Machine
- How To Play The Slot Machine
- Online Casino Malaysia No Deposit Slot Bonus
- Blackjack Online: A Game Popular Among The Players
- Oni Skill Stop Slot Machine Review
- Finding A Good Slot Casino
- Zorro Slot Machine Critical Overview
- Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online Quick Tips to Play Bingo Online
- Slot Machines: The Backbone of Gambling
- What We Know About the Antique Slot Machine
- Online Poker Strategy for Beginners: Use Play Money to Get Better Then Play for Real Money and Win