Home improvement tips
January 21, 2014 Steven Murphy
Everybody enjoys a good home makeover programme but Grand Designs is one of the most enjoyable. It follows people that are about to build a new life, literally; occasionally they build with their own bare hands but more often than not they use contractors, but the basic premise stays the same: to build a home that suits their needs, wants and dreams.
On the back of the success of the series came Grand Designs Live, which has now blossomed into the United Kingdom’s most popular contemporary home event. This year it is returning to Excel London for the eighth year in a row. With everything from new green innovations to kitsch kitchen appliances, this event has it all. This year over 500 exhibitors, dispersed among seven different sections, will be taking part. It is the ideal place to visit for home inspiration and, let’s face it, many people would rather do our own DIY and home improvements allowing us to can stay put in our properties rather than trying to climb up the property ladder in the current market.
Home improvement can be placed into different categories: from the minimal and basic, like a new lick of paint; to the dramatic and big, like extensions and loft conversions. If these large scale renovations are a little out of your price range right now, don’t fret. There are plenty of ways to quite dramatically improve your home without costing the big bucks.
First impressions count. Make your external doors stand out. Get rid of any crumbling, old and out dated front doors in favour of fresh, contemporary and stylish doors that fit the new image you are trying to create with your home.
Don’t forget about the internal doors either.
It’s quite easy to brush over internal doors, however you’ll do so at your cost. Peeling paint may be easily sorted, but doors that don’t fit the look of the room need to be replaced. For example, if you live in a Victorian terrace, 1970s pine doors just won’t cut it.
Injecting colour, pattern and texture to a room is best and most straightforwardly achieved with soft furnishings. Cushions, throws, new three-piece suite covers, curtains, drapes and blinds can make a surprising difference particularly when incorporated holistically.
Don’t just think that by laying some Swedish pine floorboards your interior will be instantly improved. Some rooms benefit from carpets, whilst others cry for solid wood. Tiles and slate are another option and don’t discount dark colours; deep and dark hues can have a dramatic effect, especially when contrasted with light-coloured walls.
Henry Vincent is a professional home renovator and decorator. He recommends Todd Doors for quality internal doors.
- How to Play with Online Bingo Game in Bingo Sites UK
- Casino Bonuses Online
- Casino Bonus and Discount explained
- The Variety of Online Casino Games
- Online Casinos Feeling the Credit Crunch
- Is a 300% Casino Bonus Worth Using?
- What All To Consider While Purchasing A Slot machine?
- Online Bingo is a Fresh Face of Gaming
- What to Look for in Online Poker Tells
- Fresh Spin To Your Autumn Winter Work Wear Wardrobe
- Online Slot Games in Virtual Casinos.
- Benefits of internet Casino Benefits
- How single men looking for women online in America
- Sticky Bonuses Do Not Have to Stick
- Bingo Sites Offer Free Money To Take Them on a Test Ride
- 3 Poker Strategies
- Stop Losing at Slots – Lucrative Slots Sessions with Smart Betting
- Busting Online Poker Myths
- Making Profits Through Online Poker
- Wavescasino.com sending ripples in the online gambling scene