Pocelain and ceramic floor tile information.
December 27, 2013 Steven Murphy
Porcelain floor tiles have always been extremely popular and still are today, they come in a wide range of colours, styles and designs and because of their material are very hard and water resistant. Porcelain tiles also come in different sizes if you wanted to use combination tiles to make a real design statement.
Porcelain tiles are a heavy tile which is what makes them so durable and they are often used in kitchens and bathrooms because they are ideal for areas where there is moisture. Although not one of the cheaper tiles, porcelain tiles will add both beauty and style to any room and because they are so durable there is no reason why they cannot last for many, many years.
Porcelain tiles can be purchased in glazed, unglazed or polished and there are two main types of porcelain, through bodied porcelain and polished porcelain. The through bodied tile represents the tile colour and texture running all through the tile. The through bodied porcelain tile is very popular for its attractive appearance and it makes an excellent tile for both floors and countertops in kitchens and bathrooms. The glazed porcelain tile has a colour finish or coating on the surface of the tile and is a very strong and stain resistant tile; the glazed variety of porcelain also comes in a wide variety of colour, styles and designs. Whilst the glazed porcelain is not recommended in heavy commercial areas, it makes an excellent floor tile for kitchens and bathrooms and is a non porous tile, although it may need to be treated before installation but this largely depends on the exact material of the tile.
Ceramic tiling is again a durable, strong tile which is suitable for floors, countertops and even walls, there are different types of ceramic tiles and the porcelain tile does actually come under the same category, other types include the quarry tile, mosaic’s and glazed tiles. The glazed are the least popular choice for floors because they will become slippery when wet. Mosaic’s are strong, durable tiles with high water resistant levels and are ideal for many places around the home, including floors. Quarry tiles come in rich browns and reds and are an ideal choice for the floor, they are strong, durable and for this reason ideal for high traffic areas.
Porcelain tiles we have mentioned above and are a very versatile tile which is ideal for floors and now with the choice of colours and styles available, there is almost certainly a design to suit your design preferences. The best advice when choosing floor tiles is to speak to the manufacturer who will be able to give you advice and information about the tile and the area you are planning to use it in.
Tile choice offer a wide variety of Tile choice for the walls and floors, we also supply underfloor heating systems. http://www.tilechoice.co.uk
- No Deposit Bonus to Lure New Players
- What it takes to be an Advantage Blackjack Player
- Learning Poker Online
- Winning At Blackjack
- Global Spin Flash Dryer Industry 2016, Trends and Forecast Report
- Understanding a Match Deposit Casino Bonus
- A Better Understanding of Online Poker
- Slots Machine: Moving Ahead Of All Other Onlnie Casino Games
- How to Play with Online Bingo Game in Bingo Sites UK
- Casino Bonuses Online
- Casino Bonus and Discount explained
- The Variety of Online Casino Games
- Online Casinos Feeling the Credit Crunch
- Is a 300% Casino Bonus Worth Using?
- What All To Consider While Purchasing A Slot machine?
- Online Bingo is a Fresh Face of Gaming
- What to Look for in Online Poker Tells
- Fresh Spin To Your Autumn Winter Work Wear Wardrobe
- Online Slot Games in Virtual Casinos.
- Benefits of internet Casino Benefits