October 22, 2013 Steven Murphy
Wood flooring can make a huge difference to your home and there are many different styles and types of flooring to choose from. You might choose to purchase laminate flooring, or you could choose to go for the real wood flooring. Either look great, are easy to take care of and relatively easy to fit.
Laminate is a popular choice and this type of flooring may be fitted in just about any room from the kitchen, to the living room or bathroom. Of course you will have to choose a waterproof flooring for such as the kitchen or bathroom. When it comes to choices and styles there are many. Laminate is made of fibreboard plank that has been compressed and is then covered with a realistic image of the type of wood, stone or even tile that you have chosen. This type of wood flooring is one of the cheapest and there are many good points to purchasing it. It is generally hard wearing and has what is termed as a ‘click lock’ system, which means it is very easy to install without the need for glue. However, some types do require gluing so choose with care.
Real wood, when used for flooring, is typically made from a single piece of wood and generally fitted used a tongue and groove system. When you choose real wood for your floor it usually comes with a score which tells you the hardness of the wood. This, of course, relates to how easy it is to damage the flooring. With this in mind, if you are using it for a part of the room that will see a lot of traffic, the higher the score the better. The beauty of using this type of flooring is that if the top does become damaged, it is relatively easy to sand it down and restore it to its former glory. As you might expect, real wood is more costly than laminate flooring. However, it does look exceptional when fitted and is harder wearing than laminate. Something to be aware of is that if damp gets to the wood it has a tendency to swell and then shrink in dry conditions. It also has to be glued or nailed, which makes fitting it more of a job than installing laminate flooring.
When considering purchasing wood flooring from Wickes, be sure to take into account the fact that there will be some waste when cutting and laying the floor. Therefore it is advisable purchase an extra pack of laminate or wood flooring. Usually, flooring comes in packs enough to cover 2 square meters of floor space, so when measuring your room ensure it is rounded up to the very nearest square meter, taking into account extra. Bear in mind also that you may need underlay if you are using laminate flooring and of course you will want to purchase the tools that make laying flooring much easier. Order online and have your new flooring delivered to your doorstep.
- The Top Online Free No Deposit Casino Bonus Games
- Poker: Online Poker Games in Pacific Poker
- Online poker: watch the video and learn to play!
- How To Win At Online Slots
- Sri Lanka’s Tour Of Pakistan- Make Way Pakistan, Sri Lanka Is Back
- Best Casino Bonus
- Slots Empires IOS Is Already Available to iPhone Users
- Slots online defined
- How To Find A Great Casino
- Win Money at Poker
- How to Play an Online Bingo Game Card
- Online casino: new version of the casinos
- Become A Better Poker Player
- Online Poker Strategy
- How To Play New Online Bingo Sites
- Bring Live Bingo Gaming Home with Internet Gambling
- Gain Expertise On Slot Games Through Free No Download Mobile Slot Games
- Win In Poker: Tips When You Play Poker Games For The Money
- Feature Slots – Slots With A Twist!
- Aztec’s Treasure Slot Machine