Wood Is Good – Rising Popularity Of Laminate Flooring In Interior Design
May 13, 2017 Steven Murphy
Laminate flooring and interior design haven’t always exactly gone hand and hand together. But that’s all starting to change as laminate is taking the home interior design world by storm.
Manufacturers are now able to mimic the look of traditional wood flooring on laminate floors but without the high cost often associated with it.
Planks are bevelled; grains are painstakingly copied along with a texture to match allowing for laminate floor to emulate the high production values and authentic look of hard wood flooring. It is this, coupled with the cost that has made laminate flooring the floor of choice with interior designers far and wide. Specific flooring designs have been created that allow for a weathered look to give that aged appeal.
While sharing the same aesthetic look of a more expensive wood floor, laminate wood floor offers a more practical finish which while retaining the warm look, cuts out the issues of warping and maintenance.
Four to five protective layers go into making laminate flooring a practical choice amongst families who maybe want a stylish home with an economical result. The layers usually include a high density fibreboard core and a wear layer coated with aluminium oxide to prevent scuffing, staining and fading. This automatically makes it a more practical choice than for example carpet.
As laminate flooring most commonly consists of planks featuring the tongue and groove design and glue-less installation, it has never been so easy for even the most amateur of interior designers to install.
The highest quality brands also offer a warranty of up to thirty year, allowing for replacement of damage done to any laminate wood floor falling under that period, offering a vast advantage over the traditional hard wood floor.
A diverse range of style, finishes and designs allows for a choice of texture that may compliment rustic design, an interior design or even the most modern contemporary of styles. Using strip laminate flooring will expand a room, making it look significantly bigger, which would be more advisable when working in a smaller space. Wider planks can help make a room look bigger thus suiting a larger, roomier area.
Lighter tones of laminate flooring add to create a larger,warmer atmosphere, while dark wood floors work better in a room with access to a large amount of natural light in creating an intimate atmosphere. Any existing dark furniture can be combined with a light floor for a more dramatic, immediate and striking effect.
Not only does it have the appeal of a traditional wood floor, but it also provides healthy properties that could benefits occupants in a house with wood floor. Laminate wood floor is less likely to retain dust particles and allergens, making it naturally a great choice for those with allergies.
As it is such a popular product on the home improvement market, there are a massive variety of brands offering various qualities and unique technologies specific to each one. Now it would not only seem that laminate flooring is a popular economical choice, but also a fashionable one too.
- Learning Casino Games
- Tips To Play Online Poker Games
- Casino Bonuses for Beginners
- Getting Close To Online Casinos: Expert Reviews
- Bingo Game Online and Bingo Game Rules
- How To Win On A Casino Slot Machine
- Dozen poker releases its Top products for June 2009
- Arabian Nights and Icy Wonders – Two Popular Online Slots
- New Online Casino Slots: i-Slots
- The Irresistible Perks Of Getting Online Cashbacks
- When Looking At Casino Bonuses – What You Need To Know Before Registering
- Best Bonus Casino Internet: Are You Getting a Good Deal?
- How to Withdraw Money at Online Casinos Step by Step?
- The Facts of Playing Poker Online
- Online Casino Guides: Orienting Yourself to Internet Gaming
- Poker: Finding a Good Poker Room
- The Fun Of Free Online Slots
- Play Online Poker 101: A Guide to 7 Card Stud Hi Lo
- The Fun Of Free Slots
- Online Poker Rules: The Difference Between Land-Based Poker Games and Internet Poker