How to Avoid Damage on Wood Floors
January 5, 2017 Steven Murphy
When searching for the best flooring Lakewood, CO has to offer, you have to first identify your unique needs and preferences to find out what would suit your home best. Wood flooring in Lakewood, CO is a great investment because it is fairly easy to maintain and has an especially long life, which would raise the value of your home in the long run. Keeping up with maintenance of a wood floor isn’t very difficult and you can even take steps to prevent damages from occurring to extend the life of your floor and ensure the highest quality possible.
The worst enemies of your floor can be dirt and grime. Sharper pieces can cause unsightly scratches on your wood floor’s finish by being dragged across with shoes or with inefficient duster mops. A good way to prevent these kinds of scratches from occurring is by removing your own shoes before entering the room and asking that family members and guests do so as well before entering the home. As an extra preventative measure, place welcome mats in front of door entrances in several areas around the house to ensure that the majority of dirt is wiped off before entering the home.
Another important factor to consider about the wood floor Aurora, CO residents enjoy is that you should clean frequently with several different methods. Vacuuming is a great way to clean your floor without exposing it to harsh bristles from brooms. Many people with wood flooring in Aurora, CO don’t take advantage of the cleaning benefits of the vacuum because they narrowly assume vacuums should only be used on carpeting. Although vacuums are beneficial for cleaning the floor, you should never use a vacuum with a beater bar since this can cause dents and scratches.
Water damage is a common problem with the wood flooring Lakewood, CO residents have since this can often be a problem during rainy and snowy weather. Water can strip the finish on the floor board and warp the overall look of your wood floor in Aurora, CO. During wet weather days, clean the wood floor with a damp cloth strip mop and dry it excessively once you are done. This will prevent any water build-up from occurring and thus prevent any damage.
Refrain from using cleaning products on the wood flooring Lakewood, CO has to offer. Most cleaning products are too hash on the floor and can remove the finish and also leave an unattractive and damaging filmy coating. Cleaners that advertise their safety for use on wood floor in Aurora, CO may not necessarily be as safe as they claim to be. Be especially wary of using oil soaps on the flooring since these can cause significant damage to the high-quality flooring Aurora, CO has available. A delicately dampened mop with pure water or water mixed with up to half a cup of white vinegar will clean your floor just as well as any cleaning product without sacrificing any damage.
Finally, prevent scratches on your wood floor in Aurora, CO by applying pieces of soft felt to the bottom of the legs of your furniture and lifting it instead of dragging when moving is necessary. High-traffic areas of the home, such as the dining room, might benefit with a rug to protect the floor from constant furniture movement. An alternative measure for protecting your flooring in Aurora, CO is to give it a coat of wax every now and then for an extra layer of protection.
- Getting Close To Online Casinos: Expert Reviews
- Bingo Game Online and Bingo Game Rules
- How To Win On A Casino Slot Machine
- Dozen poker releases its Top products for June 2009
- Arabian Nights and Icy Wonders – Two Popular Online Slots
- New Online Casino Slots: i-Slots
- The Irresistible Perks Of Getting Online Cashbacks
- When Looking At Casino Bonuses – What You Need To Know Before Registering
- Best Bonus Casino Internet: Are You Getting a Good Deal?
- How to Withdraw Money at Online Casinos Step by Step?
- The Facts of Playing Poker Online
- Online Casino Guides: Orienting Yourself to Internet Gaming
- Poker: Finding a Good Poker Room
- The Fun Of Free Online Slots
- Play Online Poker 101: A Guide to 7 Card Stud Hi Lo
- The Fun Of Free Slots
- Online Poker Rules: The Difference Between Land-Based Poker Games and Internet Poker
- LATEST CASINO’S LATEST REVIEW: SLOTTY VEGAS CASINO
- Easy and Best Online Blackjack Tips
- How To Win At Online Sic Bo