DIY Closet Tips and Tricks
November 1, 2015 Steven Murphy
Fixing up your closet can be fun and rewarding. Because you know your own habits and desires, the results of a do-it-yourself closet job can be better than if you had hired a professional closet organizer. Use these tips and tricks to get you started. There are plenty of things to think of and feel free to use all of your creativity to make your closet one that you will truly love to use. You don’t have to spend a lot to get a lot, either. Closet organization can be a fun, rewarding and economical experience that has a big impact on your life.
1) Determine what you use your closet for most. Some people use their closets mainly for storage while others use them in place of a dresser in their bedroom. Categorizing items in your closet will help you to start to develop ideas about how much space you will need for each type of item.
2) If you’re using your closet for storage, then you need to keep the things inside of it safe. Cedar closet liners, cedar wood hangers, and other cedar products are great for closets. Cedar absorbs moisture, neutralizes odors, and repels pests. Use sturdy wooden hangers for coats, suits and dresses. You may want to invest in some garment bags to protect things from dust. If you don’t want to spend much money, you can get some inexpensive plastic shoulder covers to keep off the majority of the dust that might settle on your expensive coats and suits.
3) If you use your closet mainly for your clothing, then you may want to take everything out and decide how much room you’ll need for each category. You may have twenty pairs of pants, fifteen skirts, eight tank tops, four cardigans, and forty shirts. Arrange things by length to free up some space below the shorter items. You may want to use some cascading clothes hangers to coordinate outfits. You can also use these hangers for hanging multiple pants, skirts, or tank tops on one hanger.
4) Saving space is a good idea because theoretically, you want to end up with about 20% of the closet empty. This leaves you room to maneuver and find what you need when you need it. It also makes space for collecting items that you decide to give to charity, or for new items coming in. Keeping a small stash of out of season clothing on hand will help you to avoid the dreaded mix up of summer and winter clothes.
About the Author: Charlie Hafter is on the staff of Closet Hanger Factory, a leading online resource for clothes hangers. Get all of the closet and clothes hanger accessories you could need at http://www.closethangerfactory.com, which is recognized worldwide for their excellent quality hangers.
- Getting Close To Online Casinos: Expert Reviews
- Bingo Game Online and Bingo Game Rules
- How To Win On A Casino Slot Machine
- Dozen poker releases its Top products for June 2009
- Arabian Nights and Icy Wonders – Two Popular Online Slots
- New Online Casino Slots: i-Slots
- The Irresistible Perks Of Getting Online Cashbacks
- When Looking At Casino Bonuses – What You Need To Know Before Registering
- Best Bonus Casino Internet: Are You Getting a Good Deal?
- How to Withdraw Money at Online Casinos Step by Step?
- The Facts of Playing Poker Online
- Online Casino Guides: Orienting Yourself to Internet Gaming
- Poker: Finding a Good Poker Room
- The Fun Of Free Online Slots
- Play Online Poker 101: A Guide to 7 Card Stud Hi Lo
- The Fun Of Free Slots
- Online Poker Rules: The Difference Between Land-Based Poker Games and Internet Poker
- LATEST CASINO’S LATEST REVIEW: SLOTTY VEGAS CASINO
- Easy and Best Online Blackjack Tips
- How To Win At Online Sic Bo