Home Plumbing Projects And Basic Safety
September 22, 2015 Steven Murphy
If you want to improve your home, you should consider several safety issues. Potential hazards can be electrical in nature, and could cause serious injuries including burns and death. In addition, you need to know that common sense are not always prevail. The first part of any procedure, including plumbing is any potential electrical safety hazards. Sacramento residents should understand the possibility of electrical danger if they choose to perform their own plumbing projects.
Shut The Electricity Off
Never assume the electricity to a piece of equipment has been shut off. Before you attempt to service anything that has an electrical component to it, disconnect it from the power supply feeding it. This could mean either unplugging it or shutting the power off at the source such as an electrical panel that uses either fuses or circuit breakers. If you do need to shut the power supply off at the panel box, be sure to put some type of warning on the box indicating that you have intentionally shut down the circuit.
A lock-out device or a note should suffice. This will ensure that someone doesn’t come along and turn it back on by mistake; especially with plumbing. Sacramento residents often assume that there is no electrical component associated with plumbing work, and this is not always true. A lock-out device is a specially made piece of equipment that you can install into the panel box, and over the top of a specific circuit breaker. Once installed, the breaker cannot be tampered with until the lock is removed. These lock-out devices can be purchased at your local hardware store or on-line for a reasonable price.
Test The System
Once the power supply has been cut off, test the circuit to be sure there is no power going to it. The easiest way to do this is to attempt to turn on the piece of plumbing equipment you are about to work on. If it doesn’t turn on, then you can be confident that you have successfully cut off the power, and it is safe to begin plumbing. Sacramento residents and business owners need to always take this precaution when working on any system that is electrically charged.
Sacramento Plumbing Professional
Sacramento Plumbing Services
- Learning Casino Games
- Tips To Play Online Poker Games
- Casino Bonuses for Beginners
- Getting Close To Online Casinos: Expert Reviews
- Bingo Game Online and Bingo Game Rules
- How To Win On A Casino Slot Machine
- Dozen poker releases its Top products for June 2009
- Arabian Nights and Icy Wonders – Two Popular Online Slots
- New Online Casino Slots: i-Slots
- The Irresistible Perks Of Getting Online Cashbacks
- When Looking At Casino Bonuses – What You Need To Know Before Registering
- Best Bonus Casino Internet: Are You Getting a Good Deal?
- How to Withdraw Money at Online Casinos Step by Step?
- The Facts of Playing Poker Online
- Online Casino Guides: Orienting Yourself to Internet Gaming
- Poker: Finding a Good Poker Room
- The Fun Of Free Online Slots
- Play Online Poker 101: A Guide to 7 Card Stud Hi Lo
- The Fun Of Free Slots
- Online Poker Rules: The Difference Between Land-Based Poker Games and Internet Poker