Ways to Save Money on a Solar Home Project
September 6, 2015 Steven Murphy
You should try using a ready made kid instead of sourcing all the componetns yourself, if you intend to build a home solar power system. By this way, the system performance is better, and you can rely on the instructions and support. Also, you will not have to deal with problems of parts or components not working right as joined together. Most solar kits are tested and set up for maximum power output and efficiency.
1) Use ready-to-build solar kit – If you are planning to build a home solar power system, try using a ready made kit instead of sourcing all the components yourself. By using a residential solar kit, the system performance is better and you can rely on the instructions and support. You also won’t be facing problems of parts or components not working right when joined together. Most solar kits are tested and setup for maximum power output and efficiency.
2) Get a price for installation – Get a construction quote even if you are doing the solar system on your own. Sometimes, you will notice the construction quote is not much difference than doing via Do It Yourself (DIY) approach.
In this case, it would be a better idea to just outsource the whole project. You will be saving time, effort and the unnecessary head ache. Most of the time, the professionals have good sources and they can get the parts more cheaply than you can. They can install it quicker and more efficient also.
3) Get more than one bid – If possible, get at least 3 quotations for your home solar power system. The solar industry is growing very fast. Every day, new technology and components are available in the market. You want the best parts with least amount of capital investment.
By getting 3 quotes, you’ll have a better chance of achieving this. The best solar contractor will give you the best components and at the best price.
4) Don’t always go for the lowest bid – Sometimes the lowest bid may be a high bid in disguise. Some newer contractors that may not have sufficient experience will submit a lower quote just to secure the project.
You may get a low bid but will end up spending more money because of problems during the construction phase.
5) Get recommendation – If you know of someone who has done a home solar power project, get his recommendation on which solar professional to use. What was his experience? How was the workmanship? A contractor with a good reference from a satisfied customer is always a good bet.
- Learning Casino Games
- Tips To Play Online Poker Games
- Casino Bonuses for Beginners
- Getting Close To Online Casinos: Expert Reviews
- Bingo Game Online and Bingo Game Rules
- How To Win On A Casino Slot Machine
- Dozen poker releases its Top products for June 2009
- Arabian Nights and Icy Wonders – Two Popular Online Slots
- New Online Casino Slots: i-Slots
- The Irresistible Perks Of Getting Online Cashbacks
- When Looking At Casino Bonuses – What You Need To Know Before Registering
- Best Bonus Casino Internet: Are You Getting a Good Deal?
- How to Withdraw Money at Online Casinos Step by Step?
- The Facts of Playing Poker Online
- Online Casino Guides: Orienting Yourself to Internet Gaming
- Poker: Finding a Good Poker Room
- The Fun Of Free Online Slots
- Play Online Poker 101: A Guide to 7 Card Stud Hi Lo
- The Fun Of Free Slots
- Online Poker Rules: The Difference Between Land-Based Poker Games and Internet Poker