Condo Flooring Options
June 20, 2015 Steven Murphy
The floor may be the one thing you use most in your condo. Unless you can fly, your floor is in constant use when you are home. Given the large amount of use it gets, it is worth spending some time thinking about your floor, whether you are buying or selling, or just thinking of ways to improve your condo. The five types of flooring we will discuss are carpet, hardwood, laminate and tile.
There are few homes that do not have any carpet in them; it remains one of the most popular floor coverings available today. Available in a huge variety of colors, quality and styles, many people have carpet in areas like living rooms and bedrooms. Carpet is cozy and exudes a feeling of warmth. At the same time, it may not be the best option in high-traffic areas like doorways, as it will become worn and dirty. And in places like kitchens and bathrooms, carpet gets dirty, and sometimes ruined, rather quickly.
While hardwood is one of the most expensive of the floor-covering options, it probably is the most desirable. If you are selling your condo, replacing the flooring with hardwood is a great way to catch the eye of potential buyers. One of the best aspects of hardwood floors is their durability. Though it is a large initial investment, hardwood can last for decades. It also is easy to clean and maintain. If something spills, simply sweep or soak it up. Hardwood also is available in a variety of colors. It naturally reflects light and lends a more open feeling to your condo, and choosing a light color can actually make your space appear larger. Some people have nothing but hardwood floors and put down area rugs in places like bedrooms and living rooms.
Laminate flooring is designed to look and function like hardwood, but at a cheaper price. It is a good option for people who do not want carpet, but cannot afford hardwood floors. It does not last as long as hardwood, but most laminate floors have a longer useful life than carpet. Like hardwood floors, laminate floors can make a room seem larger.
For many people, tile occupies a small flooring niche. This floor type is a good option in bathrooms because it is not sensitive to moisture and water. Many people also like tile in their kitchens because it is easy to clean up spills. And tile is especially popular in high-traffic spots like doorways. One of the main drawbacks of tile, especially in cooler climates, is that it does not retain heat well. But if you really want tile, and you have a healthy budget, you can always have heating elements installed underneath it.
Andy Asbury is a Twin Cities based REALTOR® specializing in Minneapolis condos and helping others discover the joy of urban living. To get the latest on information on Minneapolis condominiums visit http://www.MinnesotaLoftsandCondos.com today!
- Play Blackjack Online or Offline?
- Casino Bonus Hunters Wager Aggressively
- How Beneficial Poker Bots Are
- Online Poker Show Freeroll Explained
- Free Online Casino
- Online slots: simplest and easiest game
- Best New Online Casino Sites Enthuse Players With Unique Offers
- How Find Top Gambling Site in Mobile Casino Sites
- Learning Some Basics of Playing Online Slots on Stargames
- Online Bingo Cards
- Examples of a Best Online Casino Bonus
- Bingo MagiX Gives an Easy Start to Bingo Play
- What To look For When You Download Slots
- Claim Your Online Casino Bonuses now
- Playing Poker Online For Extreme Entertaining And Entertainment
- Casino Gamling System Myths for Craps, Blackjack, Roulette and Video Poker.
- A Beginner’s Intro to Online Poker
- How to Choose The Best Online Poker Room
- UK Online Bingo – Winning is Easy
- You Can Win At Online Slots