DIY – Your TV Lift
April 10, 2015 Steven Murphy
Recently I Googled TV lifts and found many different options. Perhaps the most surprising was the one listed under “Home Automations” offering instruction on how to “build a pop up lift cabinet using an off-the-shelf dresser drawers and an off-the-shelf pop up TV lift kit in about three hours, all for only $ 500.”
Don’t get me wrong; I’m all for the DIY trend and on smaller, less important projects; I might fully endorse such an undertaking.
However, most people who would consider an automated TV lift also enjoy watching their TV…and in order to watch it, it needs to work, right? Imagine, after your three hour “sweat equity” investment (not to mention whatever you invested in the dresser and your pricey plasma TV), your “home automation” project comes crashing down, TV and all, because the online instruction omitted a crucial step?
Why put yourself through the agony?
Today there are many reputable cabinet/console purveyors who will customize your TV lift cabinet to your specifications. Everything from the number of shelves you want in your cabinet, to the height at which you want your TV to “rest” when in use, to the color and design of the hardwood cabinetry.
By going through a professional, you also have options in mechanical operation and design, including motorized lifts, lifts that pivot, and lifts that drop down and retract back into the ceiling. Many manufacturers offer their TV lifts with rack and pinion operating units, while others offer telescopic technology for their systems. Almost universally, these manufacturers offer warranties on their TV lift units as well, which is why they are designed with structural integrity using high-quality components…not make-shift pieces and parts from the tool shed, or clearance furniture from a bog box store, as may be the case in the home-spun version.
Another benefit of working with a turn-key manufacturer verses the “do-it-yourself” option is that the furniture (cabinet or console) generally arrives fully assembled; no worries about “washer #22” missing, or the wrong size screw for a key part of your “home automation” construction.
Do-It-Yourselfers beware: certain “projects” – including a safe, fully-functional TV lift – are best left to the professionals!
Rob Buehl, CEO of ImportAdvantage, and almost twenty year veteran of the furniture business, leads this supplier of high end furniture with innovative pop-up TV lift mechanisms and traditional TV stands systems. Rob is a member of these professional organizations – NHFA, CEA, CEDIA.
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus
- The Difference Between Online Poker and Real Poker
- How Can Free Online Blackjack Help Anybody?
- What We Know About Slot Machine Banks