Installing Ceramic Tile Made Easy and Fun
March 21, 2015 Steven Murphy
I’m a residential contractor AND I have recently done a Do-It-Yourself home project of installing tile in my own home.
Here are a few reasons you can and should install tile in your home:
First, every time I walk into my bathroom that my wife and I tiled last summer I still enjoy the idea that we did it ourselves. There is great satisfaction in learning to do a craft and seeing the end result especially in your own home.
Second, we saved a great deal of money. About 50 to 65% of the cost of installing tile is in the labor. And quite frankly, professional tile installers would rather be doing larger, higher volume jobs than a bathroom in a home. So they are not going to do it unless they are paid well.
And finally, the project can be done on your own schedule and like you want it done. The job is going to make a mess of part of you home for a while and you need to be able to schedule it around your life, not a professional tile installer’s. Use your vacation, your spring break, etc. You also have the flexibility to make changes as you go.
Then, of course, there are reasons you should be cautious about doing the tiling installation yourself. Ask yourself these questions:
Do you have the time available to complete the job?
Have you made adequate plans on how you want the tile done and how it will look when finished?
Are you prepared with enough knowledge of installing tile to make it a real success?
An upgrade to your home by installing ceramic tile is a good investment. Especially if you do-it-yourself. Our personal bathroom project was well worth the effort. And we get to see and enjoy what we have done everyday. I know a lot people that have done similar projects with good results.
Our project was not without some pit falls, but we learned and over came them. And we are looking forward to doing more tiling in our home.
Jay Leger has been working in homes doing insurance repairs since 1999. Have concerns about knowing all the details of your tile project? There is more information at Installing Ceramic Tile.
- Ways to Select a Good Online Casino
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino