Ceramic wall tiles for beautiful homes
January 3, 2015 Steven Murphy
Tiles of ceramic are today much sought after pieces of clay used for home beautification at various areas like kitchen, bathroom, living area, lobby and gardens etc. They are not only used in flooring but these tiles which come in various colors, patterns and designs are adorning the walls of the home too. The word ‘ceramic’ has its origin from the Greek term ‘keramos’ which means pottery or ‘burnt stuff’ while ‘tile’ is derived from a French word ‘tuile’ meaning baked clay roof tile. The history and use of tiles is about 4000 years old but today also there popularity is no less.
What are ceramic wall tiles?
The ceramic wall tiles are different from that of ceramic floor tiles. Though floor tiles can be used on walls but wall tiles cannot be used on floor. Wall tiles are made from a mixture called ‘slip’ comprising of dried, crushed clay and water. The resultant liquid clay is then molded in different sizes and shapes in the molds. They are covered with glaze before subjected to high temperatures. These ‘slip’ wall tiles are thin and porous in nature.They are available in geometric, floral, hand painted and three-dimensional forms which when pieces together in different combinations can form spectacular contemporary patterns.
Ceramic Glazed Wall Tiles
Glazed ceramic tiles are commonly used for walls and floors in both homes and offices as they are water resistant, durable, scratch resistant, stain resistant, fire-proof, fade proof and easy to clean and maintain. There are three types of ceramic glazed wall tiles:
Glossy glazed tiles:
They are thin, brittle and slick when wet. They cannot be used on floor as they can chip and crack Crackled glazed tiles: These ceramic wall tiles are fragile and cracks on such tiles go down through the glaze. They are not approved for floors as they can chip, collect dirt and stains.
Matte glazed tiles:
Better for walls, matte glazed tiles have a matte finish and can be used on floor only for very less traffic spaces.The wall tiles are available in both small and large sizes. The basic is to use small tiles for small spaces whereas bigger for large spaces. Generally in kitchen and bathrooms half wall is tiled. Though there is no such set rule, you can play with your ideas and can go for full wall tiling in different combinations with floor. You can choose on designs and pattern according to the size and appearance of your room or any other tiling area. There are many options available in the market to suit your needs.
Ceramic wall tiles are very cost effective than their stone or marble counterparts. In comparatively less expenditure you can make beautiful and elegant home.
Thomasan Adison is a well known writer, who has written various articles on several topics such as different types of tiles likes bathroom floor tiles, discount tiles, kitchen floor tiles and he also focuses on the installation process.
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus
- The Difference Between Online Poker and Real Poker
- How Can Free Online Blackjack Help Anybody?
- What We Know About Slot Machine Banks