How To Clean Solid Wood Flooring
December 10, 2014 Steven Murphy
There are many choices that you have when you are looking for solid wood flooring for your home. These include solid oak flooring, which is by far the most popular of all types of wood floors. Solid oak flooring takes care that can be used when maintaining the floors so that they stay in good condition for the longest period of time.
When you first install solid wood flooring in your home, chances are that it will be pre-stained as well as sealed with some type of varnish. You have choices when it comes to the type of stain that is used for solid oak flooring as well as the varnish that goes on top of the stain. The varnish will protect the solid wood flooring from dust, stains and debris, thus making it easier to keep clean.
A dust mop is the way that you should routinely make sure that your solid wood flooring is kept in good condition. If you are looking for solid oak flooring for your home, then you should take a look at the different types on the market as well as the products that are used today to clean these floors. A soft dust mop is ideal as it will not scratch the floor and will get rid of dust as well as hair and dirt. There are also magnetic products that can be used to both clean up the floor and remove particles that may be difficult to get up with a dust mop alone.
There are floor cleaners that are made for solid wood flooring. These are recommended for those who want to take care of their floors quickly and efficiently. You should not use an ordinary vacuum cleaner when you are cleaning solid oak flooring as the bristles of the vacuum cleaner can scratch the surface of the floor. The objective, when cleaning solid wood flooring is to get it clean without marring the floor itself. Using a mop with water is not advisable as this can end up, after a period of time, warping the floor.
If you have a stain on your solid oak flooring that has to be removed and cannot be done so with dusting or floor cleaners, then you can use some oil soap and a bit of water to remove the stain. You should make sure that you dry the spot as thoroughly as possible so that it is completely dry. This way, you will not have to worry about the floor warping.
Solid wood flooring is one of the best ways to update your home. Unlike wall to wall carpeting which wears out after a few years and needs to be replaced, with the proper care, solid oak flooring will last for the lifetime of the house. If you are looking for a way to update your house, make it more attractive as well as improve the maintenance of the floors so that they are easy to care for, then you should look for solid wood flooring for your home. Solid oak flooring is the best choice for this type of project.
If you want to have floors in your home that are easy to keep clean, then you may want to use Solid wood flooring. When you want to get the best, you can choose Solid oak flooring that you get to French Timber Direct.
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus