Solid Hardwood Flooring
October 20, 2014 Steven Murphy
Wiki defines hardwood flooring as a term used to describe the hard wooden materials used in the construction of flooring products. There are two main types of hardwood flooring, solid hardwood and Engineered Hardwood Flooring. What hardwood flooring does not consist of is laminate wood flooring. Laminate wood floors have become popular and are synonymous with brand names such as Pergo. Laminate wood floors are made of a synthetic layer that is colored and textured to look like wood, but are priced lower and have improved durability.
Engineered hardwood floors can be identified by numerous layers that are bonded or glued together. This type of flooring has a plywood middle with a top layer veneer that will usually comes prefinished with a stain and sealer.
Solid hardwood flooring is cut from solid wood material and does not have a plywood core. Usually solid floors can be refinished more times than the engineered floor and usually tend to be less stable over time than the engineered floor. What does this typically mean for the buyer? It means that things like gaping or creaking all through the year and during seasonal changes is typical.
We only install superior quality engineered wood flooring here at HSW Floors. We have a relationship with ProSource with locations in Addison, Allen, and Ft.Worth where you can select from hundreds of samples to find the right one for you. You can also obtain your wood directly from them, along with any transition pieces and adhesives need. HSW Floors can pick up and deliver your engineered flooring and install it in accordance with manufacturers guidelines.
By far the most preferred floor for HSW Floors customers is solid red oak hardwood flooring, finished on site with a hand-scraped texture and sealed with 3 coats of water-based polyurethane. Solid hardwood floors installed on the first floor usually require the installation of a plywood subfloor and a few levels of vapor barrier. We provide all the services needed to carry out your project at HSW Floors including removal of the original floor, removal and installation of baseboards, baseboard painting, door adjustments and shoe mold.
This article was brought to you by Wood Flooring Dallas. At Wood Flooring Dallas, our goal is to provide you, the homeowner, with the flooring you really want, at prices you’ll love, and with service you’ll be amazed with.
- Learning Casino Games
- Tips To Play Online Poker Games
- Casino Bonuses for Beginners
- Getting Close To Online Casinos: Expert Reviews
- Bingo Game Online and Bingo Game Rules
- How To Win On A Casino Slot Machine
- Dozen poker releases its Top products for June 2009
- Arabian Nights and Icy Wonders – Two Popular Online Slots
- New Online Casino Slots: i-Slots
- The Irresistible Perks Of Getting Online Cashbacks
- When Looking At Casino Bonuses – What You Need To Know Before Registering
- Best Bonus Casino Internet: Are You Getting a Good Deal?
- How to Withdraw Money at Online Casinos Step by Step?
- The Facts of Playing Poker Online
- Online Casino Guides: Orienting Yourself to Internet Gaming
- Poker: Finding a Good Poker Room
- The Fun Of Free Online Slots
- Play Online Poker 101: A Guide to 7 Card Stud Hi Lo
- The Fun Of Free Slots
- Online Poker Rules: The Difference Between Land-Based Poker Games and Internet Poker