The Different Cleaning Supplies You Can Use for Your Roof
September 23, 2014 Steven Murphy
The roof is exposed to all kinds of elements, making it very prone to all kinds of dirt. Dust, debris, moss, and mold can accumulate on the roof of your Chicago home and must be cleaned by utilizing various cleaning products suggested by Chicago roofing contractors. Check out the short list of cleaning products for roofing enumerated below.
One of the most recommended cleaning solutions for roofs is chlorine bleach, which is available in hardware stores. Chlorine bleach can effectively remove mildew and mold on roof surfaces. This type of cleaner, however, can cause harm to roofing shingles so it is essential to rinse it off using a strong solution. When using chlorine bleach, make sure to wear protective gloves and safety goggles to prevent it from burning your skin.
Just like chlorine bleach, trisodium phosphate also removes mildew and mold. Manufacturer instructions state that this type of roof cleaner should be mixed with water. Trisodium phosphate can also be mixed with bleach to remove stains which can’t be eliminated using chlorine bleach alone.
Also known as cupric sulfate, vitriol and bluestone, copper sulfate can eliminate fungus, algae, mildew and mold on roof surfaces. Mix copper sulfate with a gallon of water and spray on surfaces covered with mildew. Once the mildew turns brown, remove it using a broom and then rinse off with a water hose. Because this cleaner is extremely toxic and acidic, homeowners should observe precautionary measures when handling this item.
Emulsifiers are very efficient in cleaning metal roofs. This product is perfect for galvanized roofs as it could dissolve grease, dirt and stains without damaging the roof surface. Emulsifiers used for cleaning all kinds of roofing Chicago residents use for metal roofs consist of ammonia, a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen that have a pungent odor.
Compared to other kinds of cleaning solutions like chlorine bleach, oxygen-based products are less dangerous to the environment and to one’s well-being. A standard oxygen-based cleaning solution does not include lye and chlorine, which can harm roofing shingles. It can also eliminate dirt without having to rinse off the residue.
As the name suggests, this kind of cleaning product for roofing Naperville residents use benefits not only the roof but also the environment. It doesn’t include harsh acids, making it less likely to trigger allergic reactions. Eco-friendly cleaners are designed to clean not only roofs, but also other parts of the home, such as windows and sidings.
See what we can do for you at www.EnvyHomeServices.com.
- Vegas Vs The Online Casino
- THE ONLINE BINGO VIRGIN
- The Very Basic Blackjack Strategy of All
- An Introduction of Online Casino Slot Games
- 5 USUAL STEREOTYPES ABOUT ONLINE SLOTS
- Online poker – Pocket Rocket Mistake
- Poker: Get that Poker Table ready!
- Playing Multiple Online Poker Tables
- Picking A Pot Limit Omaha Poker Room
- The Great Debate: Single Malt vs. Blended
- Poker: The Deal with Free Online Poker
- Learning Casino Games
- Tips To Play Online Poker Games
- Casino Bonuses for Beginners
- Getting Close To Online Casinos: Expert Reviews
- Bingo Game Online and Bingo Game Rules
- How To Win On A Casino Slot Machine
- Dozen poker releases its Top products for June 2009
- Arabian Nights and Icy Wonders – Two Popular Online Slots
- New Online Casino Slots: i-Slots