General floor tile installation and floor tile advice.
July 7, 2014 Steven Murphy
Floor tiles are different to wall tiles due to their manufacturing process, floor tiles are generally heavier and stronger because they have to withstand the heavy floor traffic and because they are exposed to more knocks and accidents than wall tiles would be. Certain types of floor tile especially many natural stone floor tiles are often used on wall applications as long as the wall is stable enough and the substrate suitable. Natural stone wall tiles are very popular for their design features and are often installed as wall tiles with great results.
Floor tiles are manufactured to the highest of standards and will not break easily, ceramic tiles for example will not crack if something is dropped onto them on most occasions, of course there are instances where ceramic floor tile will chip or crack but in general they are incredibly strong and durable. The ceramic wall tiles come in many more variations with the glazed varieties of wall tiles being very popular, these wall tiles tend to have a shine but are not always practical for floor tile installation because they may become slippery when wet, the right ceramic floor tiles have to be installed to provide the correct functionality.
The grout you use for your floor tiles will also make a difference and many home owners are not always aware that there are different shades of grout. In general lighter shades of grout are used for lighter coloured tiles but staining and marking of grout may become a problem over time. Floor tile sealers are advised especially for many natural stone floor tiles but sometimes this is often not enough to stop the grout from becoming stained and some tile stores will advise that you think carefully about the grout colour you use. There are darker shades of grout and medium shades that are better as far as functionality and cleaning is concerned.
The colour and design of the floor tiles you choose will largely depend on what type of style you like and prefer but the existing decor will also play a part and any floor tiles installed should match and compliment the wall tile design and the rest of the kitchen area. Darker coloured floor tiles are popular because there are many natural stone floor tile choices that incorporate darker colours, these are great for hiding any stains and marks but if the kitchen area is particularly dark or darker shades have been used on the walls, you may want to consider the best colour for the floor tile installation.
There are many floor tile choices that make great additions to the kitchen area in terms of design and functionality; these include ceramic floor tiles, many natural stone floor tiles and porcelain tiles. There are other options to explore and all good tile stores will have an abundance of floor tile choices to consider.
All good floor tile stores will be able to advise on floor tile installation and whether your floor tiles need sealing and any further floor tile advice.
Crown tiles supply a wide range of floor tiles and wall tiles, we also supply advice and information on tiles and tiling. http://www.crowntiles.co.uk
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus
- The Difference Between Online Poker and Real Poker
- How Can Free Online Blackjack Help Anybody?
- What We Know About Slot Machine Banks