Floor Design with Tile
June 10, 2014 Steven Murphy
A home remodel offers the opportunity to try new ideas and styles, and one way to do that is to experiment with tile floor design. You can use stone, marble, parquet, vinyl or ceramic tile in many different ways to achieve very unusual effects. Just by laying the tiles out in different patterns and designs, you can come up with a brand new look.
A beautiful option for tile flooring is to make the floor design one of changing angles. To do this, you just lay out the tiles going in one direction for one section of the flooring, and then place the surrounding or separate sections at a different angel. The angle might be a 90 degree angle for a clean, crisp look, or the tiles could be laid at various unusual angles to make a more modern and abstract look. Either way, the floor design becomes more interesting than it is when you lay them all the same direction.
Some tiles, especially stone, marble and ceramic tiles, come in different sizes that you can piece together to make an alternating pattern of larger and smaller tiles. This look takes patience and skill to achieve, but it is worth the effort for many people. If you do not feel confident doing the work yourself, it is a common task for modern tile installers.
Combinations of Materials
An unusual way to look at floor design is to use different materials to make up one flooring look. A marble floor could be surrounded by a deep, rich hardwood floor for a stunning contrast within the same floor. Combinations of materials could include using different colors of tiles within the floor design. One choice is to construct all the floors in a home of the same type of tile, but change the color gradually from one hue to another in a path through the home.
Inlays and Medallions
Inlays and medallions are ornamental tile groupings that are inserted into the floor design. Some companies specialize in this type of flooring feature. You can also get flooring inlays and medallions that are less complex from standard manufacturers. These features are usually difficult to install and require a professional installer to complete.
Many tile manufacturers make border tiles to go with their standard tiles. The border tiles may be different colors, shapes or have different designs or grains. They may be smaller in size as well. Adding borders as a part of your floor design makes the room look more finished.
Shawn Hickman is the Search Marketing Manager for Sears Home Improvements . If you need more information on Floor Design with tile, visit the Flooring Services section of our site or call us at 1-866-238-5142.
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus