How to Install Ceramic Tile Floors
June 6, 2014 Steven Murphy
Ceramic tile flooring is a great option for your home. Some of the advantages of ceramic tile flooring are ease of maintenance, ease of repair and good style. Ceramic tile is also very durable and cost effective. When you’re considering what flooring to put in your home, ceramic tile is a options that you want to consider.
A good way to save money with ceramic tile floors is to install them on your own. Following are a few instructions that can help you in installing ceramic tile floors.
Measure the length and width of the floor and find out the center point in the room.
Lay down the ceramic tiles on the floor to check how they fit on to it before using mortar.
Find out the number of ceramic tiles required using this layout.
Put tile spacers between each tile so that your grout lines are even. Smaller grout lines are easier to clean, but require more accurate cuts.
Now apply mortar (tile adhesive) in the center of the subfloor and start laying the ceramic tile.
Choose a direction. Move from left to right or right to left.
Continue laying the tiles and reach to the edge of the room.
Cut the tiles to fit the edges of the room using a sharp tile cutter or wet saw to cut the ceramic tile. Make sure to measure carefully before you do any cutting.
Once you lay all the tiles completely, let the tile and mortar set for at least one day. Leave the spacers until the next day.
After a day, add grout. Make sure you mix the grout thoroughly according to the specifications given by your manufacturer, or it can fall apart after a few years and have uneven color.
Apply the grout across the ceramic tile flooring.
Wipe the excess grout from the ceramic tile, but make sure you do not wipe away the grout lines.
Leave the grout to dry for another 24 hours.
Seal the grout lines with a sealer so that they do not stain with every day wear and tear.
Installing ceramic tile flooring takes extra time, but if you follow the proper steps you can save money and still have a beautiful, durable floor.
Visit Aggieland Texas Carpet Service for Bryan Texas carpet, ceramic tile and Laminate flooring services in Bryan, College Station, Houston and Brazos Valley. Our team specializes in custom area rugs and ceramic tile floors.
- How to Choose The Best Online Poker Room
- UK Online Bingo – Winning is Easy
- You Can Win At Online Slots
- Beginners guide to poker – part one
- Ways to Select a Good Online Casino
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free