Home Improvement Storage Projects
May 1, 2014 Steven Murphy
Creating storage in your home can be a lot of fun. Home improvement enthusiasts usually prefer to do the job themselves instead of hiring someone to do it for them. It’s fun to work with your hands, learn some new skills, and be able to customize the project to fit exactly what you need and want. Most people complain that their home does not have enough storage. Before you move, consider these home improvement storage projects to create space and have fun in the process.
1) If building is an attractive option for you, then you may consider building a simple trunk to create some storage for your home. Trunks look nice, can double as seats, and give you a few cubic feet of space to store anything from linens to shoes. Trunks or bench seats that open up to reveal storage are popular for bedrooms, bathrooms and home entryways.
2) Another building option is shelves. If you know how to use a router or would like to learn, a bookshelf is a great place to start. Shelves can be used for toys, clothes, books, electronics and more. They are attractive in your home and create space without taking up a lot of space. Shelving installed in your closet is another great way to help keep your closet organized without taking up more space in your home. Smaller shelves are great for little things that don’t have anywhere else to go. Expanding or raising the top shelf in your closet can give you a great place for more long-term storage items.
3) If you do raise the top shelf in your closet, you may have room for an additional hanging bar in your closet. Adding hanging bars to the sides of the closet is another way to add some additional hanging space for your clothing.
You may also consider placing some low shelves or cabinets in the bottom of your closet for storage, laundry, shoes, or sports equipment. Hanging short items, like women’s shirts, all together above the shelves or cabinets will give you extra room to fit them in.
4) Another way to make extra room in your bedroom, linen, or coat closet is to use specialty clothes hangers. You can empty dresser drawers by using tie hangers, belt hangers, lingerie hangers, and swimwear hangers. Use these drawers for storing things like cameras, chargers, or whatever else is cluttering up your house.
Jo Granville is on the staff of Only Hangers, a leading online resource for wood hangers, coat hangers and all types of clothes hangers which is recognized for the excellent quality and value of its wood hanger and coat hanger offerings. For more information, please visit http://www.onlyhangers.com.
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus