DIY Underfloor Heating
April 24, 2014 Steven Murphy
DIY Underfloor Heating systems are quickly becoming a very popular method of heating. They are economical to run, inexpensive to install, no maintenance is required and the distribution of heat is evenly dispersed over the given area. These systems can be installed under almost any type of floor, especially tiles, wood, and laminate flooring, and are invisible, therefore no radiators, bulky heaters or fireplaces are needed, thus making space saving gains. Diy heating systems can also be laid on top of specific existing floors, and even with a layer of laminate or floor tiles, will raise the floor no more than 25mm.
Many systems consist of heating cables, and these are often attached to a sheet or mat. This mat is then simply stuck or laid onto the floor, and then covered with the desired finish flooring material ie; tiles or laminate. The system is connected to an electric outlet and thermostatically controlled.
It is not a new idea or concept and was first used by the Romans whose buildings were constructed with voids through which air, warmed by an open fire, would pass thus heating the dwelling.
Underfloor heating is one of the most energy efficient ways of heating any type of building. It is ideally suited for use with low energy efficient heat sources such as ground source heat pumps. Underfloor heating is quick and easy to install, is low maintenance and provides even warmth and comfort in the home or office. The temperature of each room can be individually controlled by a thermostat or roomstat.
There are two types of underfloor heating system – wet systems where warm water circulates through polyethylene pipes, and electric systems which consists of electric matting.
Both methods are installed within the floor, or even a wall structure.
Conventional heating systems mainly provide heat by convection that circulates through the air that surrounds objects within the building. Radiant heat warms objects and the general fabric of the building, including people, just like the suns heat warms the surface of the earth.
Underfloor heating eliminates uncomfortable hot or cold air flows around a room and gives even comfortable heating. The warmest part of the room is next to the floor – not the ceiling.
The benefits of underfloor heating:
Clean and hygienic
No dust circulation
Ease of installation
Little or no maintenance
The heat produced from underfloor heating comprises 70% radiant heat and 30% convection heat.
If you are in need of this service check out our product pages, they contain many companies that specialize in this. John Cheesman writes about DIY Underfloor Heating. Visit the Businessmagnet product page for details and suppliers of DIY Underfloor Heating.
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus