Imitation Wood Flooring
January 19, 2014 Steven Murphy
Laminate flooring, or imitation wood flooring, is the product of the combination of the irresistible elegance of natural hardwood flooring with a tough, hard-wearing top coat finish. This results in the most advantageous flooring material that is suitable for installation in any room of the house. The “copy cat” finish on this type of flooring is so well executed that it is often difficult to tell the difference between natural hardwood flooring and manufactured flooring.
Even though some kinds of man-made flooring are as expensive as natural wood flooring would be, it is much more family friendly. During the manufacturing process a special layer of protection is applied by the factory equipment directly over the photographic film on the flooring material. This layer of protection makes it almost impossible to damage the flooring through normal everyday use. Scratches and dents just don’t seem to be a problem. Laminate flooring, unlike natural hardwood flooring, is not affected by the typical excess moisture that can be associated with most kitchens and bathrooms. These floors are very easy to clean; they can be vacuumed, swept, or just dusted.
The tough surface of this man made flooring automatically repels most staining that normally occurs within the home. However, as with everything, there is a downside to this slick coating. It often makes the surface of the floor very slippery. Manufacturers are responding to this problem by experimenting with adding another layer to this flooring material that will make the floor resistant to slipping and sliding.
Laminate flooring is not really wood. It is a replication of wood. If you can live with this fact, then this flooring probably is a good thing for you to consider on your next remodeling project.
Jonathan is the owner of Flat Fee MLS Listing Columbus, a Flat Fee MLS company that specializes in placing For Sale By Owner (FSBO) properties on the Realtors® Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for a low one time flat fee. Please visit Columbus Flat Fee MLS Listing to learn more about their services and the Flat Fee MLS packages they offer.
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus