Home Improvement Contractor
December 22, 2013 Steven Murphy
Looking for a home improvement contractor wouldn’t be much different from looking and evaluating applicants to a job opening. You have some background checking to do and more.
The first thing that you should do in assessing if home improvement contractor ideal for your remodeling project is to check if the prospective contractor has the appropriate license, whether that individual is a licensed construction supervisor and/or a registered home improvement contractor. You also need to check if adequate workers compensation insurance and liability insurance cover the contractor.
References are also important. Have the contractor submit to you a written listing of the three previous recent home projects he/she completed, the homeowners and their contact details. Check with these homeowners and ask their opinion on the contractor’s performance.
Another vital reference source on a contractor would be your local better business bureau, the local building regulators and the Office of the Attorney General. These bodies will have records if a contractor is facing some consumer complaints or have been subjected to disciplinary actions before.
After you have found a one who meets these basic requirements, draw up or ask for a contract. Entrust the job to the contractor only after you have a written contract that you understand and agree with its terms. A consultation with your lawyer on the home improvement contract would be most ideal.
Some states also specifically require that it is the home improvement contractor who should apply for the building permit. So be sure to check with your contractor regarding the responsibility for construction permit application.
- Ways to Select a Good Online Casino
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino