Ceramic Tiles Floor VS Hardwood Floor
December 13, 2013 Steven Murphy
Both ceramic tile floor and the hardwood floor are popular among homeowners. They both share some advantages and disadvantages.
Hardwood floors have two common types, solid and engineered planks. Solid wood floors are able to be used only in wood type sub – floors. Besides, in the sub-floor, humidity is not an issue and has to be nailed-down during installation. The second type is the engineered floor which comes in narrow planks. Most of the engineered floors can be stapled to a wood sub-floor. Engineered floors are more dimensional stable than solid wood floors and can be used in many areas of the home.
Ceramic floor tile is made from various clays and takes a very sturdy sub-floor. Sometimes, people will install the ceramic floor over extra thick plywood. Between the tiles people need a special colored grout mixture. The installation of the ceramic is quite important as this is the key to have a long lasting ceramic tile floor. Compared to hardwood floor, the ceramic tiles floor deals with the wet area better. Make sure to choose a tile you want to live with for a long time, because it is very tiring to replace original tiles.
Some people say that the hardwood floor is better than the ceramic tiles floor because the wood floor seems to be more high-class. However, the ceramic floor has several outstanding advantages which make it one of the favorites among consumers. Firstly, the ceramic tile is easy to clean. Besides, durability is also another strong point of the ceramic tiles.
Moreover, some designers point out that the ceramic tiles of good quality have natural color which can make the room look brighter.
If you choose the hardwood floor, you need to spend more time on the floor maintenance. You need to polish the floor with wax regularly to maintain its glory. What’s more, it will be your nightmare if you find out there are the white ants. The white ants will ruin the entire floor.
However, the ceramic tile floor is harder and some radiation may be released from the floor. On the contrast, the hardwood floor is softer and it can absorb some noises. One of the most outstanding functions of the wood floor is that it can make people feel relaxed.
The two types of floor all have their own merits. No matter which one you choose, you need remember that the regular maintenance and cleaning is the key to the floor last longer.
- The Best Internet Casino Games
- Tips to Improve your Blackjack Game
- Idea of Free Slots in Online Casinos
- Online Gambling Casinos
- Poker: Strip Poker – Adding Zest to a Boring Game
- From Lush Casinos to Online Environments: Learning How to Play Video Poker
- Top Five Online Poker Advantages
- Title: No-download mode at the online casino web-sites. What is this and how to use it?
- 10 Reasons to Use an Online Casino
- Free Bingo Games Rule the Roost
- new uk slots sites
- GET MORE THAN A FREE WELCOME BONUS CASINO MALAYSIA
- Magento 2 Spin and Win Extension by Knowband
- Online poker tournaments are worth playing
- How to Play Online Poker free
- The Top 5 Poker Variations
- Fun Poker: Enjoy the Game by Using Our Winning Poker Tips
- How to start from scratch in online poker.
- USA Casino: The new casino
- How to obtain mobile casino bonus