December 1, 2013 Steven Murphy
Wiki defines hardwood flooring as a term used to describe the hard wooden materials used in the construction of flooring products. There are two main types of hardwood flooring, solid hardwood and Engineered Hardwood Flooring. Hardwood flooring will not refer to wood laminates. Laminate wood flooring is becoming a popular choice, and has become synonymous with manufacturers like Pergo. Laminate wood floors are comprised of a synthetic layer that is colored and textured to look like wood, but are priced lower and have increased durability.
Engineered hardwood floors can be identified by multiple layers that are bonded or glued together. This type of flooring has a plywood middle with a top layer veneer which usually comes prefinished with a stain and sealer.
Solid hardwood flooring is cut from solid lumber material and does not have a plywood core. Although you can refinish a solid wood floor more times than you can usually refinish an engineered wood floor, they tend to be less stable over time. What does that mean for you, the client? It’s standard to see gaping and hear creaking in the floor through the year and as seasons change.
HSW Floors exclusively installs high quality engineered wood flooring for our customers. We have a partnership with ProSource with locations in Addison, Allen, and Ft.Worth where you can pick from hundreds of samples to find the right one for you. You can also obtain your wood directly from them, along with any transition pieces and adhesives need. From there, we’ll pick up your engineered wood flooring and install it expertly, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Our clients favorite choice is, by far, a solid red oad hardwood flooring, installed by HSW Floors and finished on site with a hand scraped texture and then triple sealed with 3 layers of a water based polyurethane. Solid hardwood floors installed on the first floor usually require the installation of a plywood subfloor and a few levels of vapor barrier. HSW Floors provides everything you need to complete the project including the removing of the old floor and baseboards, installing and painting new baseboards, any adjustments needed on your doors and shoe mould.
This article was brought to you by Wood Flooring Dallas. At Wood Flooring Dallas, our goal is to provide you, the homeowner, with the flooring you really want, at prices you’ll love, and with service you’ll be amazed with.
- Blackjack Sniper Critical Overview
- Reviewing The Spiral Coil Hand Crimpers
- Online Poker Guide to Software Security and Banking Details
- Enjoy Interest Free Slots Game Online
- Factors to Consider when Choosing an Online Casino to Play at
- How to Play Poker — Poker Table Position
- Texas Holdem Poker Strategy
- Clear Your Casino Bonus by Playing Online Craps
- Easy Online Slots
- How to Find Scholarships for Single Moms
- How to Discover the Value of Real Casino Poker Chips
- Canada Bingo Tournaments
- Get away from boredom with singles trips
- Slots – Past Present and Future
- Is It Legal for U.S. Poker Players To Play Texas Holdem Poker Online?
- Finding a Reputable No Deposit Casino
- Things to Expect in a Live Online Poker Event
- Online blackjack for professional players
- Cost Free Bingo Games Online for recreation
- Advantage of Playing Bingo Online in Australian Bingo Sites