November 3, 2013 Steven Murphy
Floor molding is a traditional sand molding process. Floor molding means we make the sand castings on floor or ground by sand boxes.
The deference from other casting method is we use green sand or resin sand, and mold by manual, not by molding machines. It is a kind of old and traditional molding method, but is still widely used in China and worldwide.
As we know, floor molding uses sand as the molding material, which has low cost, easy mold manufacturing, suitable for small production volume and mass production. So, floor molding has been the basic technology of casting production.
Floor molding has existed for many years, and usually uses green sand and resin sand as the molding materials.
The most commonly used casting sand is silica sand. Silica sand can not meet the basic requirements of temperature. Chromites sand and other special corundum sand will be used for special temperature requirements. In order to make the sand mold and core with a certain intensity, casting foundries usually add sand binder, in this way, loose sand will bond together to form the molding sand. Sand binder most widely used is clay, may also have a variety of drying oil or semi-dry oil, water-soluble silicates or phosphates, and various synthetic resin for molding sand binder. According to the difference of sand binders, molding sand can be classified into the wet clay sand, or called green sand, dry clay sand and chemical hardening sand.
Although the foundries use different sands, the molding is still called floor molding. In China, we usually call it as wet sand molding, or green sand molding, but in western countries, it is still called floor molding, or floor moulding.
This article was from Dandong Foundry Blog.
- Getting Close To Online Casinos: Expert Reviews
- Bingo Game Online and Bingo Game Rules
- How To Win On A Casino Slot Machine
- Dozen poker releases its Top products for June 2009
- Arabian Nights and Icy Wonders – Two Popular Online Slots
- New Online Casino Slots: i-Slots
- The Irresistible Perks Of Getting Online Cashbacks
- When Looking At Casino Bonuses – What You Need To Know Before Registering
- Best Bonus Casino Internet: Are You Getting a Good Deal?
- How to Withdraw Money at Online Casinos Step by Step?
- The Facts of Playing Poker Online
- Online Casino Guides: Orienting Yourself to Internet Gaming
- Poker: Finding a Good Poker Room
- The Fun Of Free Online Slots
- Play Online Poker 101: A Guide to 7 Card Stud Hi Lo
- The Fun Of Free Slots
- Online Poker Rules: The Difference Between Land-Based Poker Games and Internet Poker
- LATEST CASINO’S LATEST REVIEW: SLOTTY VEGAS CASINO
- Easy and Best Online Blackjack Tips
- How To Win At Online Sic Bo